Nope on Tesla....or Any Other EV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder what's going to happen in 5 or 6 years when these EVs start hitting the used car market; who's going to want to buy a used EV knowing they might have to spend thousands on a battery in the next year or so?
Is there some warranty or replacement program I don't know about?

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder what's going to happen in 5 or 6 years when these EVs start hitting the used car market; who's going to want to buy a used EV knowing they might have to spend thousands on a battery in the next year or so?
Naw, used Tesla dealer would just slap a new warranty on it - '30 minutes or 30 feet off the lot, whichever comes first' 🤨

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
this is absolutely one of the biggest reasons. with ALL industry/tech, things are going from "buy this once, if you are handy you can easily maintain and fix it yourself, you'll never need another" to "you don't even actually own this thing; you are just basically leasing it, you cannot modify it in ANY way, and it will be absolutely worthless in 5-10 years forcing you to buy another".

this trend is everywhere. but yes, a major part of moving to EV's is a used EV is worthless.

the biggest threat to the government right now is someone being able to drive freely with a car that cannot be tracked.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think hydrogen is going to replace EVs soon as the "chosen one".
Hydrogen has already missed its window of opportunity. The state of California even tried to make it happen while Ahnold was the Governator, funding the installation of hydrogen infrastructure, and it went nowhere.

Hydrogen fuel cells should be a thing, but I think it missed the boat.

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t understand why EVs cant have some kind of generator to charge themselves.
Its all about physics. Anytime you use energy you never use it at 100% efficiency. So you can never generate as much electricity as you will consume. A generator will use more power to recharge the batteries and you won't be able to drive the car. In other words run the motors to charge the generator, or run the motors to drive, and you still will kill the batteries just running the generators. The theory is called a perpetual motion, it can't be done. There is a law in physic's I just can't remember it.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally have been enjoying all the car channels ripping on the new electric trucks. TFL with their tiny towing test, hoovies garage who sold their electric F150 to a dealer only for it to completely fail the next day, rich rebuilds almost getting stranded on a road trip with a ricin’s and my new favorite: Jerry rig everything and him hauling a 10k lb load and only making it 100 miles before he has to drop his trailer to find a charger

Latest posts

Top Bottom