Obama campaign ad on gas prices.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think a politician has ever said anything regarding gas prices that was even close to factual.

But you can't blame them. It's a carrot that voters will follow and it's easy to dangle. I think I've heard every presidential candidate in my lifetime claim they could single-handedly control gas prices some way or another, which as anyone that knows sweet crude from sweet tea will tell you...is fawktarded and impossible.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
because i use about 25 gallons every 3 to 4 days plus the ppl that deliver material to my shop add a fuel surcharge can cost me 150 to 200 a month would you gripe if that were taken out of your check evry month

No, I'd adjust my business to adapt. Change by using less fuel, or pass the cost on to customers. Your delivery couriers didn't gripe, they just passed on the cost.

A business cost of gasoline is a different animal that consumers yapping about filling up their personal cars' tanks.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the last 40 years every national politician I've ever heard has had a plan to make America "energy independent" and it NEVER happens.
The donkeys and the elephants come and go but things never change because big money doesn't want it to change.

Meanwhile, CNG is less than 2 bucks a gallon, new stations open every day, and it's ALL domestic energy.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the last 40 years every national politician I've ever heard has had a plan to make America "energy independent" and it NEVER happens.
The donkeys and the elephants come and go but things never change because big money doesn't want it to change.

Meanwhile, CNG is less than 2 bucks a gallon, new stations open every day, and it's ALL domestic energy.

That's because the EPA has had a stranglehold on us, the states and automakers. And it was always PC to be environmentally friendly. I'm hoping that there's enough "conflicting" scientific evidence out there now to convince the next prez to risk it, and actually reign them in. Someone with a little foresight knows that energy is the reason why we are a superpower. The world runs on oil & gas. With all the gas we have we can go from being an net importer to being a net exporter in a short time. This will snowball our economy, it's just going to take someone with some nads to do it.

Either way though CNG is going to do nothing but grow. I'm betting on that with my investments. I plan on having a lakefront home in 5 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom