Ok, enough negativity. Lets talk about good things going on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I focus way too much on the negative in the world and in my life, I know that. But tonight my 8-year-old boy read a chapter of Moby Dick to me, and he's asleep right now in the other room in my bed. I am gonna have one more Scotch and then go cuddle him while he sleeps. :D

Love that kid... damn.

Ok... I'll go back to being a grump when I take him back on Sunday. :D

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a roof, over my head, a few guns, food in the fridge, a good, paying job, and two cars. My son started first grade this year. It seems like yesterday that he was born.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Made my first deer hunt of the season last Friday. Picked up 10yo grandson from school and took him with me for the afternoon. Saw 3 deer, out of range for a shot. Had an eagle circling out in front of us and watched as it scooped up a rabbit. Armadillo was 20 yrds away digging up the trail. Been getting questioned everyday since about when are we going again. Again is today!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is good.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thankful and so happy for my 3 year old daughter who makes me blast Taylor swift's "trouble song" as loud as my truck will go very single day when I pick her up. Every. Single. Day.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter is going to have twins..heads are down now..

Our twin boys just turned 4 months old on the 15th. While 4 months isn't necessarily a long time, it seems like just yesterday I was taking one last picture of my pregnant wife. I was scared, nervous, and excited. What will they look like? How long will they be? How big will they be? Most importantly, will my wife and boys be okay?

We had a breached umbilical cord on twin #2, and needed help breathing for his first few minutes, which scared the living sh*t out of me, but he recovered quickly and is just as happy, healthy, bouncy and bubbly as his older brother.

541806_10100614624454901_1946467429_n.jpg

1379939_10153318591765223_388156065_n.jpg

This has been the hardest, yet most exciting and rewarding 4 months of my life. Right now, their latest accomplishments are rolling over from their backs to their stomachs and learning to do so within 12 hours of each other. Everything says that at four months old, they should start attempting to roll from their stomachs to their backs, and from their backs to stomachs starting at 5-6, but they seem to want to do it backwards. For that, we're proud of them for blazing their own trails.

Yesterday I come home from work to be given a note from my 7 year old daughter:
1380484_10151923925616690_683456896_n.jpg

We get no sleep, we get no time to stay in one spot long enough to sniff our own farts, but we've got great kids. Our daughter is intelligent, kind, giving, social, and very well behaved and our boys are healthy, happy, and, thankfully enough, very well behaved, too. People are surprised that not only did we score by having at least one good baby, but two. They're rarely cranky and only really cry when hungry or dirty. The only stress we've encountered with having twins so far is the constant Go! Go! Go!

Best of luck to your daughter, her twins, and the rest of the family. A baby changes your life, you as a father completely understand this, I'm sure, but twins have forever changed our lives in ways we still don't understand.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our twin boys just turned 4 months old on the 15th. While 4 months isn't necessarily a long time, it seems like just yesterday I was taking one last picture of my pregnant wife. I was scared, nervous, and excited. What will they look like? How long will they be? How big will they be? Most importantly, will my wife and boys be okay? We had a breached umbilical cord on twin #2, and needed help breathing for his first few minutes, which scared the living sh*t out of me, but he recovered quickly and is just as happy, healthy, bouncy and bubbly as his older brother. This has been the hardest, yet most exciting and rewarding 4 months of my life. Right now, their latest accomplishments are rolling over from their backs to their stomachs and learning to do so within 12 hours of each other. Everything says that at four months old, they should start attempting to roll from their stomachs to their backs, and from their backs to stomachs starting at 5-6, but they seem to want to do it backwards. For that, we're proud of them for blazing their own trails. Yesterday I come home from work to be given a note from my 7 year old daughter: We get no sleep, we get no time to stay in one spot long enough to sniff our own farts, but we've got great kids. Our daughter is intelligent, kind, giving, social, and very well behaved and our boys are healthy, happy, and, thankfully enough, very well behaved, too. People are surprised that not only did we score by having at least one good baby, but two. They're rarely cranky and only really cry when hungry or dirty. The only stress we've encountered with having twins so far is the constant Go! Go! Go! Best of luck to your daughter, her twins, and the rest of the family. A baby changes your life, you as a father completely understand this, I'm sure, but twins have forever changed our lives in ways we still don't understand.

So much win in there.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My amazing, perfect son will turn three next month! He even helped me shoot a Ruger 22 last weekend! My wife and step daughter are also amazing and I love going home every day to see them. I will save the stories about my older daughters for another not so positive thread!

Latest posts

Top Bottom