OKay ... I can't find the thread ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the reason you're dropping so fast is the caloric vs fiber intake.

Distension of the stomach is what gives you a full feeling, but that is quickly overridden by your bodies sugar demand. This commonly experienced when people each rice-rich chinese food where they stuff and feel bloated and then within an hour are starving. The rice is quick to digest and as soon as the stomach emptys, you are in demand for fuel again.

As far as the smoothy, my guess is that since you are using a core of vegetables and fruit, you are getting a load of fiber. The fruit and some veggies have sugar that will meet that demand, but apples and some others have amylopectin which is a long digesting sugar that helps keep you full for a long time. That + fiber = long term fullness since you're meeting both demands of the body. And as far as the losing weight, you are obviously cutting caloric in take and putting yourself into a ketoacidotic state. This burns fat like no other (same as atkins). Its likely before when you did it the first time your body took time to adapt to the diet and you had large stores of glycogen in muscle and other tissues that creates a much lower ketoacidotic state. This time, you went straight there.

TLDR; you are eating less calories, have less glycogen stores, and eating tons of fiber which put you into a ketoacidotic state to burn fat.

Lastly, be careful with red meats. Theres a few recent abstracts I've read that have strong correlations between eating red meat more than 5 meals a week and having severely elevated triglycerides and LDL along with suppressed HDL (aka the bad type of fasting lipid profile that earns you Crestor once daily).

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
VDoc ... THANKS!! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing any harm. I'm too old to be banging myself up any more than I already am.

As for the red meat thing ... GC gets sooooo disgusted with me ... back when I was eating way more red meat/sugar/highly refined foods/fast food than anyone really ought to my total cholesterol was 179 (yeah ... they did it twice to make sure it wasn't a mistake) and my fasting glucose was in the mid-80s. I can hardly wait to see what it is in January when I go back for my yearly. I don't see me "cheating" anymore because I really, really, really can tell a huge difference in my energy levels and general aches and pains when I eat like the average American versus what I eat now ...

Even my migraines (which NO medication could even touch) are better when I don't eat that refined and fried junk.

I'm a eat your raw veggies and fish diehard now!

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So basically I go buy a blender, and a bunch of fruits and veggies(Can they be frozen or do they have to be fresh?), add a little fiber, blend the pi$$ out of it and chug and then I'm skinny?

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fresh is always going to be better; but when it comes to canned vs frozen option, I would say frozen. Frozen techniques these days usually involve flash freezing and don't use many preservatives or whatnot where as canning has to involve pressure pasteurization and to some degree added salt and preservatives in order to avoid anaerobic bacteria.

The big risk about ketoacids is if they get high enough, they can cause kidney damage and indirectly other damage. Usually not something to worry about unless you're diabetic but just keep in check with you Primary Care doc and follow his/her recommendations.

I am currently doing weight watchers, but focussing one no more than one portion of white meat (chicken, turkey, fish) a day. I eat primarily salads, fruits, or some mix of the two. I might toss in juicing in the morning for breakfast but we'll see as I am only on day 4. I can tell I've lost some water weight but my next weigh in is Sunday. I have cut all high fructose corn syrup from my diet as regardless of what the commercials say, there is staggering proof that HFCS wreaks havoc on the liver and body and it is anything but natural...

I cut HFCS back in February and have lost about 8 lbs. I was 218 and am down to 210 w/o doing much else. I am having a hard time exercising right now because I have some damage in my right knee that swells any time I get physical and locks up. I am trying to get to 190 by years end, and have a goal of 180. I am 5'6" which my target should be 155 according to the standards but last time I was at 190 I was a 34" waist and 16% body fat and I am hoping to get to 180 with a 30-32". I would guess I am just naturally more muscular.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lastly, be careful with red meats. Theres a few recent abstracts I've read that have strong correlations between eating red meat more than 5 meals a week and having severely elevated triglycerides and LDL along with suppressed HDL (aka the bad type of fasting lipid profile that earns you Crestor once daily).

If they would study me, they would find that those abstracts pure bogus. I eat red meat at almost every single meal except for some chicken once in awhile and my LDL/HDL was text book perfect, overall was 132 and triglycerides are always around 53/55. Been this way for about the last 20 years.

BB, where are you getting your produce? I'd like to try this but no way am I giving up my ribeyes! But I could probably stop eating all through the day and go to just eating dinner pretty easy...

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they would study me, they would find that those abstracts pure bogus. I eat red meat at almost every single meal except for some chicken once in awhile and my LDL/HDL was text book perfect, overall was 132 and triglycerides are always around 53/55. Been this way for about the last 20 years.

BB, where are you getting your produce? I'd like to try this but no way am I giving up my ribeyes! But I could probably stop eating all through the day and go to just eating dinner pretty easy...

Haha there are always exceptions to everything... Be glad you can get away with it. Me on the other hand had and LDL of 150 at age 23... I slowed the red meats and a few basic diet modifications and it dropped to 115 range. Triglycerides also dropped below 200. I plan on donating blood in november with OBI when I am next allowed to and will see what things are then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom