Oklahoma governor wants to do away with income tax

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
on this forum we don't use logic and we jump to conclusions (always negatively) as quick as possible...

In reference to my post (which is what he commented on), I honestly haven't heard a whole lot coming from the governor's office other than requesting aid for the snow storms we had earlier this year. I looked into the IT issue and it sounds good but still needs to happen. I'm never optimistic when politicians talk about what they're going to do until they've proven that they will follow through with it.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked into the IT issue and it sounds good but still needs to happen. I'm never optimistic when politicians talk about what they're going to do until they've proven that they will follow through with it.

It's happening right now. A number of IT agencies have been rolled into OSF DSD already.

Look harder.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was as skeptical of Fallin as anyone, but she is making progress here. I am surprised on what she and the legislature has done in the past 5 months.

I specifically see a lot of transportation items, due to my profession. In the past month, we have funded future OHP academies with a modest fee increase on DHS accident reports. We also have approved a feasibility study into reciprocity agreements with the Tribal vehicle titling/licensing departments, which will not only aid law enforcement but will also allow the state and local LE agencies to collect fines on vehicles previously unidentifiable.

These are not budgetary cuts, but they are ways to look at increasing revenue outside of "plain old taxes."

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hurray for eliminating state income tax. It gives businesses and individuals more incentive to be productive.

As for shifting the tax elsewhere - There need to be serious cuts in state govt. spending to minimize or avoid this.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pfft, Fairtax is dumb.

Maybe...

But it'll never fly whether or not it is dumb, smart or fair.

Implement the fair tax and Congress gives up its power to social engineer via the tax system. That's never gonna happen. Republican or Democrat social engineering is what they do; it's who they are.

Fair tax is a pipe dream.

Latest posts

Top Bottom