One of the Best

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of all the Cattlemen's haters, I haven't seen one explanation why they think it's icky.

Let's hear it.

Now in another thread titled something like "where's the best steak in OKC?' or something, a few people said it wasn't seasoned enough, which is trailer park speak for not enough salt has been dumped on it.
I just haven’t had a steak there that would make me put it on my list of good steak houses. I usually order the ribeye or the presidential. Everything I’ve had there is on par with say Santa Fe or salt grass. Typically we’re looking at choice quality at best, usually pretty tough. As a result, if I’m wanting a good steak, cattleman’s rarely comes to mind. A shame really, because I love the place. Everything else is good. Where they really shine is breakfast. I love their breakfast, and in my book you can’t beat a mediocre steak with some eggs and toast. Honestly, from the perspective value on the dollar, overall price, and all that, Cattleman’s has the best steak and eggs on the planet, outside of my house. You can’t go anywhere and get a good breakfast and a “real” steak for under $40.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of all the Cattlemen's haters, I haven't seen one explanation why they think it's icky.

Let's hear it.

Now in another thread titled something like "where's the best steak in OKC?' or something, a few people said it wasn't seasoned enough, which is trailer park speak for not enough salt has been dumped on it.
Been to cattlemens about 6 times spaced out over the years. Only the last 3 times in the past 20 years can really remember about the steak. Meduim ribeye overcooked and little tough. Not much marbling and cut little too thin. More like an all night diner steak. Not that it was icky just not something too recommend.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never had a bad meal there. Steaks, lamb fries, salad with their house dressing. Like every other restaurant they have cut quality. I have had their chicken fry and catfish also.
I preferred Cimarron Steak on Meridian that closed. Big porterhouse cooked with mesquite .More bang for the dollar. We have been to about every one around, Mahogany is also good but pricey.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Been to cattlemens about 6 times spaced out over the years. Only the last 3 times in the past 20 years can really remember about the steak. Meduim ribeye overcooked and little tough. Not much marbling and cut little too thin. More like an all night diner steak. Not that it was icky just not something too recommend.
Same question, did you send it back? Or did you just suck it up and eat it and be unhappy?

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
only because you don't know what good steak tastes like. those fancy pants sissy steaks they sell at prime and the like are what frenchie frenchmen eat
I dont even know what this means? Prime as in a cut?
I have never ate at cattleman’s, by looking at the plate most of it is frozen, that tells a lot about the steak. Then again we eat our own beef and grow most of vegetables.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never had a bad meal there. Steaks, lamb fries, salad with their house dressing. Like every other restaurant they have cut quality. I have had their chicken fry and catfish also.
I preferred Cimarron Steak on Meridian that closed. Big porterhouse cooked with mesquite .More bang for the dollar. We have been to about every one around, Mahogany is also good but pricey.
I have never ate at any of these places, if a place advertises that it has quality or amazing food, for me I look at the quality of the vegetables first. Frozen, precut, canned?
Then the salad- if they use iceberg lettuce and claim they have quality better get up and leave.

Latest posts

Top Bottom