OSU Vs Stanford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm not a big football fan and don't really have a favorite team, but I do love sports.
That was a good game last night.

Stanford has a great offensive and defensive line, Luck is a good QB.
Pretty sure Luck Kool-Aid was served in the booth last nite.
Congratulations to OSU AND Stanford.
Don't try to hand/arm tackle Blackmon, big strong kid. He already reminds me of several pro players.
I don't think OSU could compete with LSU, especially with that run game and lack of 3rd down conversions.
Very enjoyable game to watch.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's sad that we will never know. OSU hung in there against probably the best quarterback in college football. They didn't do a great job on the line but scored when they had to. The missed kicks were gifts but it wouldn't have mattered if they hadn't kept it close. Next Monday will be a snooze bowl and it would have been nice for OSU to have at least got a chance. What would all you doubters (OU fans) have to say if we hadn't lost to Iowa State? Great year for a team that had some great accomplishments.

i agree. maybe Bama & LSU are better teams. & if so you could say they SHOULD beat the crap out of OSU, but you CAN'T say with certainty they WOULD have. OSU SHOULD have beat Iowa. OU SHOULD have beat Texas Tech. Etc., etc., etc. but it doesn't always work that way. OSU has looked great at times this season, & terrible at times, but with the exception of the Iowa game, they have always done enough to get the W even on the days they looked like crap.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's sad that we will never know. OSU hung in there against probably the best quarterback in college football. They didn't do a great job on the line but scored when they had to. The missed kicks were gifts but it wouldn't have mattered if they hadn't kept it close. Next Monday will be a snooze bowl and it would have been nice for OSU to have at least got a chance. What would all you doubters (OU fans) have to say if we hadn't lost to Iowa State? Great year for a team that had some great accomplishments.
I would say that this conversation wouldn't be happening until next week and then it would be a decidedly different conversation because we'd be talking about how bad they lost! :D :rotflmao:

But they did have a good season and nobody can take that away. They could have lost every game except for that schooling they put on OU and it could still be called a good season. lol

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seriously think the announcers had their pants off in the broadcast booth, proudly displaying their affection for Andrew Luck. I sure am glad they allowed me the honor of watching the Greatest Football Player Who Ever Lived play tonight though. I feel indebted to them for such a luxury. I am not worthy.

I though Millen was going to go down to the sidelines and fellate Luck it was so bad. The man seriously embarassed himself. It was kind of disgusting.

OSU will never be allowed to challenge LSU or Bama for that matter. The SEC is a specially protected species in the BCS.

Fixed it for you.

What are you smoking? I think you fell and bumped your head! Alabama and LSU are the two best teams out there because the kingmakers say so, not because they've proven it. I agree that Alabama should not be their because if the loss but, dang.

Ditto.

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm and OSU fan and very glad that they won their game. I think that the Big 12 showed how strong of a conference they are and can keep it going for several years. As far as the BCS Championship Bowl goes, the two teams that are in it had the higher BCS rating and should be in it. The cards fell as they fell and everybody got the games that they got. Until we get a playoff system we can't say whether or not a team could be a better team in the Championship until they play there.

Last edited:

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could say the same for you, thinking that such sorry teams are the best?!? The SEC sucks, get over it.

You do realize that at one point this season the SEC had 3 teams ranked #1, #2 and #3, right? You also realize that the SEC has won the last 5 Nat. Championships and after this year it will be 6? Try and use some facts to support your argument instead of just spouting off, it makes you sound much more knowledgeable even if you arent.

Maybe we can change the NFL to let teams from the same Conference play in the Superbowl now too. Hell, why not even the same Division? :anyone:

This would be a valid point if there was a playoff system in college, but since there isnt, then we run the risk of having a repeat in the National Championships, its the 2 BEST teams, not the 2 BEST teams that havent played each other yet. Frankly I wouldnt mind seeing Oregon have another crack at LSU, before OSU has a shot at them. But thats just me.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Same BCS computers that put O-State #2.

Which is only PART of the equation that goes into the BCS.

OSU fans really do only pay attention to part of the facts when it suits them. Going by their conspiracy theory rankings when applied to the bowls.......... look who the Big 12 has played in bowls this year. Iowa, Cal, Washington, Rutgers, Northwestern, Stanford, and UNC.

Get real people, 4 of those teams finished 7-6, 1 finished 6-7. It's pathetic, to claim superiority.

Latest posts

Top Bottom