Out of state sales-as the seller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Takes about 30 seconds to call verify the LEO is actually a LEO. Did you do that?

I'm sure it will work out. Just curious if the extra profit was worth the risk.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless it is a sting you will be fine. Even if it is a fake I'd and a private citizen is buying them he won't tell as he will get in trouble too.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lets play for a minute anyway though (since I shipped them it may not be playing long) what exactly could I be charged with?

I've done my due diligence within reason, and possibly more, by requesting ID.

Uh, no, you haven't. You might have done due diligence for a free state but you illegally shipped a prohibited item into the state of kalifornia. Simply requesting a picture of a badge is not "due diligence" for the California DOJ. If the buyer is a prohibited person (i.e., if he's not a FFL or LEO, etc) then you're liable to any number of charges.

You could be charged with illegal importation of a prohibited item. It's been suggested that you're safe since the recipient isn't going to divulge that he's in possession of illegal items (if, in fact, he's not a LEO). But there is a possibility that he'll get caught, has saved your shipping label, tells the authorities who he got them from, etc.

However, I doubt the kal doj would try to prosecute a private party from out of state, though. Maybe if you were a dealer guilty of repeated violations, but not a private party who only did it one time. IMO

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've sold guns to liberal states with funky laws before; however, I personally have taken the stance that I won't ship anything to LEOs that regular folks can't have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom