Out of state sales-as the seller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why wouldn't he just order some from a vendor if he could legally purchase them? I doubt your pricing is that good. Something doesn't seem right here.

This was my first thought as well. Even if he is law enforcement, can he buy standard capacity mags for personal use, or must his agency purchase them?

Personally, I would not take the risk.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I moved here from kalifornia in 2006. At the gun stores I frequented, they had a special section for magazines for law enforcement only. Those mags were what kalifornia described as "high capacity." That's a magazine with more than a 10 round capacity. The rest of us were relegated to the 10 round or less section.

At least as of 2006, law enforcement could buy "high capacity" magazines on their own. They didn't have to go through their department. They could also buy handguns that weren't "safety" approved. For example, I had to drive all over the state to find the remaining pinned and recessed Smith and Wesson revolvers. LEOs could simply buy one off gunbroker and have it transferred into the state.

That said, I'd be very suspicious of someone who claimed to be LEO wanting to buy from Oklahoma when all they have to do is stop by their local gun store. Non LEOs were all the time trying to tell out of state sellers they were LEOs, etc.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, I wouldn't go near this deal. I understand wanting to help out a LEO with his state's stupid laws, but he's a big boy and can buy his mags through proper channels without putting your ass in the sling of a grey market deal.

My spider-senses are tingling.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah. . . LEO or not unless it's a FTF transaction in OK I would pass. Not worth the possible prison time, loss of money, loss of ability to own firearms.

I can go photochop a badge, ID, ETC and make it more real than one your holding in your hand so I wouldn't even believe them being a LEO.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is nothing but a Phishing operation to see if you will sucker into selling it. Just like the cops that pose as 13 year old girls looking for sex from mature men.

If your hurting for money bad enough to risk going to jail on a federal charge, you have to rethink your financial position.

cichlid-dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is nothing but a Phishing operation to see if you will sucker into selling it. Just like the cops that pose as 13 year old girls looking for sex from mature men.

If your hurting for money bad enough to risk going to jail on a federal charge, you have to rethink your financial position.

Refund his money immediately!!!! Don't get stung!!!

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even if he is a real LEO, he's trying to be one of the "only ones." Tell him to pound sand until his state does away with his special privileges and treats all citizens like, well, citizens. You can find another buyer in a free state.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could just disassemble them and mail 'em, that is pretty clearly allowed under CA law. You already took his money?

Latest posts

Top Bottom