Profanity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was listening to a conversation this morning, and it just really struck me funny. It was almost as if they were in competition to see who could use the most profanity. I had to get away so they wouldn't think I was laughing at them.

That got me wondering why we feel it necessary to throw profanity into a conversation. Next question; have you ever really listened to what we say? The words really don't make any sense the way we use them.

pktrkt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad always said people that use profanity weren't intelligent enough to find actual words in place of profanity. Hmmm, if that's true where are we at in this Society. ����

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Profanity is just plain ugly. Kinda like seeing a hot girl in a car..... then she raises a cigarette. Takes the pretty away.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only time I ever use profanity is if I am really mad. And even then I don't use it much. I don't like it. But to some it don't bother them to use it. I am a Christian and it had no place in my life. But I don't judge people who use it.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Profanity is just plain ugly. Kinda like seeing a hot girl in a car..... then she raises a cigarette. Takes the pretty away.

So, you like hot chicks but not smoking hot chicks? haha

As for those cuss words, it never really bothered me to hear them and I definitely don't get offended by them, so I guess it's not profanity.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've apparently never been in the Army or Marine Corps Infantry. Downrange, after the second day or so, and with no one getting much sleep, mercy or cooperation, pretty much everyone's vocabulary includes an F- Bomb in every sentence fragment. Actually, you can have an entire conversation or argument using only F-Bombs, spliced together with the S- Word and sarcastic biblical references.

Come to think of it, it's a Monday-Friday garrison thing too. Sometimes, it's funny as f...!

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a terrible mouth, but I also tend to use a large vocabulary between the f'ks and godamnits. It's become more of a habit than anything, and while I try to curb it around certain people and certain situations, it sometimes slips out. I'm one to say there's a time and a place for it. A professional environment is not one of them, nor is the line in the local Taco Bell with kids around. I try to have some SA as to where I am and appreciate someone pointing out the younguns that I miss when I'm not censoring myself. I'd also say that it's clear when someone uses profanity when they don't have the vocabulary to work around it. It's different from someone with an education and a foul mouth.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I try to not use profanity, but it blurts out at times. Kind of depends on the crowd I'm with. On the creek bank drinking beers with the boys, it comes out more than when sitting in my truck giving my DL to a Trooper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom