Quantity vs Quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got most of mine as a investment that i could move quickly if i needed to, and the biggest majority is just everyday ones that the average person would want and could afford. Here in a few years i may think of thinning the herd some, cause 80% of mine i have never fired.
It's better than a 401k

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a mix, but over time have traded up to nicer stuff.

Certain niches have room to play in, some do not.
If I'm going to a gunfight I'm taking a quality rifle and quality ammo.
If I'm hunting deer at NE Oklahoma distances I can make due with a cheap bolt gun and an inexpensive scope.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing above a Glock. So if you don’t own a few Glocks then you shouldn’t own guns!
Dependable, accurate as they need to be. I sure don't get attached to them like I do a 1937 Mauser, though....

Guns are tools, but some are works of art, some have history. Depends on the reason you're attracted to a gun as to what I'd pay for it I suppose.

I do see guys with ARs that cost a couple grand, topped with a high-dollar optic and wonder "why?". I see guys dragging around a mismatched AR that has clearly been abused, with a high dollar optic on it shoot lights out and say "that dude knows where to spend his money."

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dependable, accurate as they need to be. I sure don't get attached to them like I do a 1937 Mauser, though....

Guns are tools, but some are works of art, some have history. Depends on the reason you're attracted to a gun as to what I'd pay for it I suppose.

I do see guys with ARs that cost a couple grand, topped with a high-dollar optic and wonder "why?". I see guys dragging around a mismatched AR that has clearly been abused, with a high dollar optic on it shoot lights out and say "that dude knows where to spend his money."

Good write!

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got most of mine as a investment that i could move quickly if i needed to, and the biggest majority is just everyday ones that the average person would want and could afford. Here in a few years i may think of thinning the herd some, cause 80% of mine i have never fired.
It's been my experience, from an investment standpoint, that once you get to the $1k mark on guns, it limits the number of buyers. Once you get over $2k, you're down to about 10% of the gun buyers. I personally think the best investment guns are high condition guns that people had as a kid or something their dad or grandpa had. Browning A5, Savage 22/410, Remington 870 Wingmaster and 1100, Pre-lock S&W's, Remington bolt 22's, and Winchester pump 22's top the list.

Latest posts

Top Bottom