Ride alongs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back to the OP, I've never done a ride along but know a guy that went with OHP out of Blackwell several years ago. Pulled up on a speeder and got him off to the side. While OHP was getting out of the vehicle, the guy in front bailed out with a 12 ga and started unloading. The OHP took cover, and returned fire. Nobody hurt, but the speeder took off. The chase ended up west of I 35 between Tonkawa and Blackwell where the speeder bailed and went to the woods. They organized a search, spotting the guy. They shot tear gas into the area, but the guy ended up swollowing the barrel of the 12 ga instead of going to jail.
All of this happened without my knowledge, but the next morning, I was deer hunting in the same section where all of this happened, and I wondered why my eyes kept watering all morning, and didn't see any deer.

The guy on the ride along was a co-worker of mine and said he almost crapped his pants when the guy came out shooting.

This incident was re-created and filmed by the series, "Adventures of the Highway Patrol". There was a premier of it shown in Ponca where we got invited because the OHP's wife and mine are friends.
I'm not gonna post the OHP's name on a public forum, as I don't have his permission.
I'm betting some of you old timers know who I'm talking about, if not, shoot me a pm.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
awww.morethings.com_music_conway_twitty_hee_haw126_1974_never_been_this_far1974hee_haw10.jpg

awww.morethings.com_music_conway_twitty_hee_haw126_1974_conwayebd542d5d27b486889a7dee019f764de.jpg

awww.morethings.com_music_conway_twitty_hee_haw126_1974_never_been_this_far1974hee_haw19.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom