Riding your sport bike like a fool.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyglass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just goes to show that a total lack of sense on the public roadways isn't limited to the US. While I'm sure these cats are "good" riders in terms of handling the scooter, one hiccup by a car (or worse, truck) being passed or oncoming, and you're goo. A split second from eternity.....not worth it, not only in the case of the rider but a 500+lb bike at 125mph (or more) can do enormous damage to your average Shivalay....or Toyauto....or Kia, or whatever. I once saw a photo of the remains of what appeared to have been a 4dr VW Golf after being T-boned in the rear psgr door by a 900 Ducati the Polizei estimated to have been going about 200kph (120-125mph) on a German country lane. Car apparently backed out of a shrub-lined driveway, the rider skidded only about 10m (about 33ft) before impact....the bike almost went clean thru the car, snapping the driver's neck. The rider went thru the opposite back window and what was left of him was found over a hundred meters (about 325ft) down the road. I've been ridin' since '69 and have seen 125mph once (on a closed range road on the west side of Ft Sill)....that was enuf. Why mfrs turn out cars & bikes capable of speeds twice the legal limit is beyond me....

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the reasons all sport bike riders have a bad name, take it to the track and ride like you have a little sanity on public roadways.

I seriously looked at buying a GSX-R 750 a few years back but the insurance on these types of bikes is through the roof, mainly due to guys like the one in the video. I decided they just aren't for me.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seriously looked at buying a GSX-R 750 a few years back but the insurance on these types of bikes is through the roof, mainly due to guys like the one in the video. I decided they just aren't for me.

I am sorry you didnt buy the bike. I have a Hayabusa, but started on a Honda Interceptor, to the Katanas, and now on my second busa. If you ever decide to get another sport bike, check out State Farm, they insure on the cc's not the make and model. My busa runs less than 50 a month for full coverage with uninsured motorists.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sorry you didnt buy the bike. I have a Hayabusa, but started on a Honda Interceptor, to the Katanas, and now on my second busa. If you ever decide to get another sport bike, check out State Farm, they insure on the cc's not the make and model. My busa runs less than 50 a month for full coverage with uninsured motorists.

That's not bad! Truth is, I have two damn many bikes as it is. There's like 7 or 8 of them around here with boxes of parts for bikes in my shop. Hayabusas are pretty cool and I can definitely see the appeal of them. I'm too old to do the crazy stuff the kids do on them but I see guys touring on Huyabusas and that would be more my speed. Heck, my main ride is a 50 year old BMW!

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's not bad! Truth is, I have two damn many bikes as it is. There's like 7 or 8 of them around here with boxes of parts for bikes in my shop. Hayabusas are pretty cool and I can definitely see the appeal of them. I'm too old to do the crazy stuff the kids do on them but I see guys touring on Huyabusas and that would be more my speed. Heck, my main ride is a 50 year old BMW!

Would love to see that beemer. Very cool bikes. The wife and I tour on the busa, rode it to Deals Gap earlier this year and back, Colorado last year, and will make one more 4 or 5 dayer later this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom