Sarah Palin Snubbed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So did Anna Nicole Smith. Think she was bright?

Anna was not nearly as dumb as folks made her out to be. Maybe towards the end when Howard had her drug and alcohol-addled she didn't know her own name without asking someone, but she's not the first person who made the mistake of trusting the wrong people ... However, I'll give you she certainly wasn't MIT material ...

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, this thread went off the rails quick.

Back on topic, why do you think that Sarah didn't get an invite to the convention?
I already told you what I think the reason is.

I'll bet Dick Cheney gets and invite along with lots of other has been politicians but not Sarah. Nope.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have your publicists give you a handful of phrases to rally red blooded muricans and instantly you're a politician.

Was she doing that back when she was in AK politics? Or was this only once she entered the national stage?

This isn't a loaded question. I'm genuinely curious, and never bothered knowing much about her rise to the Governorship in AK.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But McCain lost to someone more liberal than him. It's not like there was a Perot out there, stealing his votes from the conservatives and letting Obama win with a minority (a la Clinton). A moderate Republican likely drew more votes from independent and swing voters than a hardline Conservative would have. And in reality, nearly all of those votes went to Obama. You truly think the American public would have swayed more to the "R' side with more hardline candidate? Do you remember the calls against 4 more years of Bush at that time?

Saying McCain lost the election himself is one thing (though I would argue Palin hurt him). But saying McCain lost it because he was a moderate Republican running against Obama is just laughable. There were just as many people voting ABO in 2008 as there will be in 2012.

There was nothing to distinguish him from Obama, so why would the independent voters vote for him?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was nothing to distinguish him from Obama, so why would the independent voters vote for him?

If there was nothing to dissuade the voters from choosing him, he would have won, right? By your argument, that McCain lost his own election, there was either something policy-wise distinguishing him to keep the voters away, or it was his choice in VP candidate. So I'd best reckon it was

1) War mongering (though Obama unsurprisingly hasn't changed much over there despite his 2008 promises)

2) To avoid Palin.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it that she hasn't been invited or that she hasn't been scheduled to speak? Is it customary for the second banana on a failed ticket to address the convention?

Latest posts

Top Bottom