School Budget Cuts..help me out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little info.
High Schools receive CareerTech funding out of the same pie as VoTech schools. Home Ec, Vo Ag, and a few others dollars here and there.
Also VoTech schools were started because of cost per student for equipment was prohibitive. Well and some misspent or lost funding.

If you would like I can send you a link that clearly shows area vo techs appropriations are separate from the home high schools. Your statement is not accurate.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you would like I can send you a link that clearly shows area vo techs appropriations are separate from the home high schools. Your statement is not accurate.
Speaking of inaccurate statements, yours to the effect of
They also purposefully don't offer much for handicapped and special ed students. They don't want to be bothered with them.
is totally false.

http://mntechnology.com/student-resources/deaf-hard-hearing-program

Notice this part: "Access to interpreters, note-takers, or tutors in lecture and lab settings"

Quite a few things you posted about vo-tech education is false for that matter.
You are clearly biased and unable to see any other viewpoint but your own.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't read the whole thread. This sham has been going on for years and will continue to do so because, wait for it.... "It's for the children." It would appear that finance and economics are not a part of Common Core. And today, our educators' handlers, the cosa nostra known as the OEA, are busing in props, your children, to be cheerleaders for them at the Capitol. I hope they gave them the brown uniforms. Did I mention they were using public school busses to make a political statement? Don't ask me how I really feel.

Let's make a few corrections here. Aside from the fact that the OEA only represents about 20% of teachers in Oklahoma, the rally, while supported by the OEA, was sponsored by the Oklahoma Education Coalition with CCOSA, and OSSBA. I was there and didn't see any brown shirts or many students. I can't speak for all teachers or school districts but the teachers that I know that rode a school bus to the rally helped reimburse their local district with the approval of their school board and schools that closed today used a professional development day that would be taken anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom