shotguns and motorcycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the replys guys,
as far as bartlesville sportsmans club goes.... its a organization filled with highschool type drama. dont really like it. My mom and dad are members, ill shoot with them from time to time.

I had asked several members if they would mind providing the "invite" needed to join, so I could go shoot whenever I wanted. I went out and checked the place out one day, but no one was there and the members I asked couldn't be bothered, so...

Maybe I'm just not liked enough.

If you don't mind PMing me, I'd like to know more about what you mean by "highschool type drama". I mean... you pay your dues, you go shoot when you want, right? What else is there to it?

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Title 21 1289.6. Covers this doesn't it?
That is what I have gone by for many years. It seems very clear to me which is why I sometimes do not understand where all of these beliefs that guns must be hiddin in a trunk. Disassembled or otherwise decommissioned.
§21-1289.6.

CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH FIREARMS MAY BE CARRIED

A. A person shall be permitted to carry loaded and unloaded shotguns,
rifles and pistols, open and not concealed and without a handgun
license as authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Sections 1
through 25 of this act, pursuant to the following conditions:

1. When hunting animals or fowl;

2. During competition in or practicing in a safety or hunter safety
class, target shooting, skeet, trap or other recognized sporting
events;

3. During participation in or in preparation for a military function
of the state military forces to be defined as the Oklahoma Army or Air
National Guard, Federal Military Reserve and active military forces;

4. During participation in or in preparation for a recognized police
function of either a municipal, county or state government as
functioning police officials;

5. During a practice for or a performance for entertainment purposes;
or

6. For any legitimate purpose not in violation of the Oklahoma
Firearms Act of 1971, Sections 1289.1 through 1289.17 of this title or
any legislative enactment regarding the use, ownership and control of
firearms.

B. A person shall be permitted to carry unloaded shotguns, rifles and
pistols, open and not concealed and without a handgun license as
authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act pursuant to the following
conditions:

1. When going to or from the person's private residence or vehicle or
a vehicle in which the person is riding as a passenger to a place
designated or authorized for firearms repairs or reconditioning, or
for firearms trade, sale, or barter, or gunsmith, or hunting animals
or fowl, or hunter safety course, or target shooting, or skeet or trap
shooting or any recognized firearms activity or event and while in
such places; or

2. For any legitimate purpose not in violation of the Oklahoma
Firearms Act of 1971, Sections 1289.1 through 1289.17 of this title.

C. The provisions of this section shall not be construed to prohibit
educational or recreational activities, exhibitions, displays or shows
involving the use or display of rifles, shotguns or pistols or other
weapons if the activity is approved by the property owner and sponsor
of the activity.
Notice it says open and not concealed.
Michael

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
thanks michael, thats exactly what i was lookin for!!!
Peanut posted the number first. It is something that I will always remember though.
When That became Law it was printed out in pamphlet form and given to many police departments in the State. My Father, a police officer at the time, brought me home one to keep in my car and on my bike just encase I was stopped on my way to do some shooting.

Michael

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are the relevant sections of law:

Title 21 Section 1289.7 Firearms in Vehicles said:
Any person, except a convicted felon, may transport in a motor vehicle a rifle, shotgun or pistol, open and unloaded, at any time. For purposes of this section “open” means the firearm is transported in plain view, in a case designed for carrying firearms, which case is wholly or partially visible, in a gun rack mounted in the vehicle, in an exterior locked compartment or a trunk of a vehicle.
Any person, except a convicted felon, may transport in a motor vehicle a rifle or shotgun concealed behind a seat of the vehicle or within the interior of the vehicle provided the rifle or shotgun is not clip, magazine or chamber loaded. The authority to transport a clip or magazine loaded rifle or shotgun shall be pursuant to Section 1289.13 of this title.
Any person who is the operator of a vehicle or is a passenger in any vehicle wherein another person who is licensed pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Sections 1 through 26 of this act, to carry a concealed handgun and is carrying a concealed handgun or has concealed the handgun in such vehicle, shall not be deemed in violation of the provisions of this section provided the licensee is in or near the vehicle.

Title 21 Section 1289.13 Transporting a loaded Firearm said:
TITLE 21 § 1289.13 TRANSPORTING A LOADED FIREARM
Except as otherwise provided by the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act or another provision of law, it shall be unlawful to transport a loaded pistol, rifle or shotgun in a land borne motor vehicle over a public highway or roadway. However, a rifle or shotgun may be transported clip or magazine loaded and not chamber loaded when transported in an exterior locked compartment of the vehicle or trunk of the vehicle or in the interior compartment of the vehicle notwithstanding the provisions of Section 1289.7 of this title when the person is in possession of a valid handgun license pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act.
Any person convicted of a violation of this section shall be punished as provided in Section 1289.15 of this title.
Any person who is the operator of a vehicle or is a passenger in any vehicle wherein another person who is licensed pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry a concealed handgun and is carrying a concealed handgun or has concealed a handgun or rifle or shotgun in such vehicle shall not be deemed in violation of the provisions of this section provided the licensee is in or near the vehicle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom