shotguns and motorcycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeller

Marksman
Reaction score
I carry mine in a folding camp chair bag along with the chair. Bungee it to the back seat and ammo in the saddle bags and away we go. I've road a long way that way. I've tried several long guns and it seems to work for most of them.

shooter226

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
what page and paragraph did you get this information on the SDA just wondering, i dont recall being able to carry a shotgun loaded with minus one in the chamber. Hopefully sir you are right but i dont think so ill look it up but i have yet to find it. pm if anyone knows the answer

Just give CLEET a call and ask for their attorney. He is a really good guy and would help you.
Mark

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't under the impression carrying long guns was prohibited. Most gun laws pertain to handguns, do they not? Does anyone know of a law against carrying a long gun in public?

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember seeing an add for a contraption built to carry a golf bag using the trailer hitch on a motorcycle. Seems like that would be the way to go. If anyone has one I would sure like to see it with my own eyes.

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
its an old thread, butt i am gonna bump it instead of starting a new one....

so anyone looked into the law? ive done it both ways recently, but i wanna build a leather scabbard to go along the bike on the rh side...

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The way I see it, it is no different than carrying you hunting firearm in a gun rack in your pick up truck, use the same rules. Unload and put the ammo separate from the gun, carry on your "gun rack" where ever that might be, and you should be ok. If hassled, ask how you might keep driving, load up your weapon and shoot the guy who changed lanes in front of you. If you get a blank stare, say am I free to go now?

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I was a kid we would carry our long guns across our backs with slings while riding our motorcycles to our shooting spots. Never got stopped once back then. I believe that now I would be stopped more than likely but I believe that it is still perfectly legal to transport them that way. I don't see a problem with it.

Michael

Latest posts

Top Bottom