So What Would You REALLY do

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all, I do not think that the government will "take or guns." I think someday there may be restrictions on so-called "assault weapons," and maybe even on high cap magazines. However, I think that day is a long ways off. Realistically, as long as I can have a hand gun and permit to carry, I feel safe.

And this doesn't worry you at all? You may not care that you can no longer own an AR-15 or a 30-rd mag if you have no interest in shooting with either, but are you not concerned about the slippery slope this may cause? Not that we're not already on a slippery slope.

To answer your original question, I'm a little worried about the future and certain aspects of .gov. My biggest concern at the moment is the end of the year. I personally find it hilarious that more than ever before, people truly believe the end of the world comes in just a few months. So while I'm not at all worried about Armageddon, I am worried about how the believers will act when the time comes near.

Mass hysteria?

Stay tuned...

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I served in the military, our enemy was communism. At that time, their leaders were telling us that we (America) would be taken over from within. Because my memory is still good enough, the government (left and right) still has the ability to do whatever they want by force. All they have to do is pass a law and send in the fellows with badges and guns. Resist, and they can use deadly force. To me, communism is still alive and well in America, and it is still my enemy.

Just look around at the cities and states that still want to restrict our rights to have weapons and you will realize that we aren't really all that far from the possible confrontations. As for Oklahoma, even though it is the "reddest of the red states" (map-wise, not political philosophy), all the talk about giving us gun rights and open carry could be changed. What if all those folks in the northern "blue" states that are looking for jobs came to Oklahoma and then started trying to get our politicians to "give" them what they had before in those "blue" states. (Never mind that it was those "blue state" rights that made them so crappy that the populace had to leave.)

Just ask the folks who live in OR and WA how they feel after the Kalifornians moved in and started taking over their state gevernments ...... really sad for them.

As for J.B.'s initial comment, I am more concerned about Blue Helmets (U.N.) showing up, and would consider them targets of opportunity ..... JMO

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just ask the folks who live in OR and WA how they feel after the Kalifornians moved in and started taking over their state gevernments ...... really sad for them.

As for J.B.'s initial comment, I am more concerned about Blue Helmets (U.N.) showing up, and would consider them targets of opportunity ..... JMO

That may start a war. Japan didnt have the cajones to do it in WWII so why would the U.N.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The good news is that there are a crap ton of gun nuts in our military and police. Don't really think that the .gov would actually go door to door collecting guns. For 10 of us big talkers you will have 1 that takes it serious. That is enough of a threat to make gun confiscation not worth the cost.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all, I do not think that the government will "take or guns." I think someday there may be restrictions on so-called "assault weapons," and maybe even on high cap magazines. However, I think that day is a long ways off. Realistically, as long as I can have a hand gun and permit to carry, I feel safe.

The other issue is I'm not sure why so many "gun people" consider the government the "enemy." They are not my enemy. My enemy is the thug or terrorist that wants to do me and mine and my fellow countrymen harm. I think it's ridiculous that there is this underlying panic that "gun people" have that somehow the sky is going to drop. If the government were so bad, they'd be no such thing as "gun nuts."

Some people just like to be angry and fearful.

Tell that to Australia.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If all the lunatic fringe conspiracy theories came to pass? If there really were a "New World Order" and they came to disarm you?

You guys have families and jobs and lives. I know the super duper macho men will talk about "standing for something" and "better to die free" and give us the oft used quotation from Nazi Germany about "First the came for..." but despite the "bold talk," I really wonder what you guys would actually do. A bunch of midde -aged guys with tricked out AR-15s.

The reason I ask is because on damn near every aisle at the show I heard someone expressing a lot of fear about "what was coming."

Are you guys really THAT afraid of the government? Are you really THAT afraid of the future?

SUPERTROLL?!?
[Broken External Image]

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm an old guy, Vietnam Vet. former LEO and like the rest of us on here like to shoot and hunt. I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America on several occasions and those oaths are still binding to me. My fear is that someday something will happen to overturn the constitutional form of government we are supposed to be using, and then what will we face? However badly we think of those politicians in power, we still have the ability to change it at the ballot box. God help us if we ever get a group in power that proclaims to save us from the gubmint.. I also learned from watching my Vietnamese enemies in that conflict that you can make do with very little in the form of weaponry if necessary. Blitzfike

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I third that. I have taken up arms in defense of this country and I believe that many continue to do so. Things would have to get pretty damned bad for me to take up arms against it. :(
In many cases you would not be taking up arms against your country. You would be taking up arms against your Government. You heard talk about this not being possible after the OKC bombing. Folks screaming how you could not love your Country and at the same time hate your Government.

History proves this to be wrong.
Our forefathers loved their new country but hated their Government. They rebelled creating a new Government.
Many of the Jews in Germany during the 1930's to 40's loved their Country but hated and feard their Government.

Ever noticed that in most Oaths of office you swear an oath to protect the Constitution or the laws and not to protect the Government? The folks that wrote these Oaths realized the difference.

Michael

jdagreek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You asked "Are you guys really THAT afraid of the government? Are you really THAT afraid of the future?"

Personally, I think you asked the wrong question as I don't think it is the government that you necessarily need to be afraid. I think it is the actions of the government that will fuel the serious events that are surely ahead of us if we don't make some seriously tough decisions and do it very quickly.

The Federal Government is totally out of control. We haven't had a budget in the last three years and most likely won't have one in the near future. Federal spending is absolutely out of control. We have a President who isn't interested in slowing down the spending and isn't interested in solving problems. He is only interested in stirring the pot of unrest.

The only thing holding the financial system together is the Fed's low interest rate policy. With the dept we now have and the impending cost of the Obama health care along with impending failure of the SS system we are poised for massive default. At some point in time, the Fed will be forced to increase interest rates. When this happens the service of the Federal debt will drive massive restructuring of Federal spending. The options are massive tax increases or massive cuts in entitlement programs. The inflation fires will be ignited and we will find ourselves in deep trouble.

My view is that the most productive of our citizens are so busy working that they don't have the time to reflect on what is going on. It is the social unrest of the likely pending financial crash that you need to be asking about. I am 70 years old, have worked all my life. I have poopooed all the dooms day theories for my whole life ... until the last few years. Guns and ammo are flying off the shelves at a rate hardly seen in our young history. People are scared and they are arming themselves.

In my view, it isn't the government coming to get you and/or your guns you need to fear ... it is the massive social unrest caused by the failure of the government to deal with our financial issues you need to fear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom