Someone PLEASE Help Me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats pretty cool. What do you want to do when you get out of college?

Im majoring in Aerospace Security/Aviation Counter-Terrorism. Im hopping to make it into Navy OCS.

In the Air Force, hopefully Office of Special Investigations. It's suuuper competitive, though. My fallback is Logistics Readiness. Part of me wants to try and get an AFIT slot and get paid as a 2nd Lt to go get my masters/PhD in Security Studies from Georgetown. Hopefully after pumping that much money into me the Air Force would gladly give me a spot in OSI.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've probably got the most unique college course plan ever. I'm majoring in International Relations and Political Science, with minors in History, Econ, Geography, and European Studies.

I studied by butt off in high school, took a ton of AP tests, and started college as a second semester sophomore. I could graduate way early, but I have to complete four solid years of AFROTC to get my commission. So I have three semesters to do what I want with. Learning has always excited me, so I'm loving it.

Sure sounds like you know what you are doing. Are you going to get to go to the A&M/Arkansas game this year? Really awsome to see that military band A&M has.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure sounds like you know what you are doing. Are you going to get to go to the A&M/Arkansas game this year? Really awsome to see that military band A&M has.

I didn't get a ticket in time. I don't want to sound bitter, but I spent so much of my money on books and getting started for school that I couldn't justify the $50 for the ticket and God knows how much just to get down there. Now that I can finally afford the ticket, all the frat guys and sorostitutes with deep-pocketed parents bought up all the tickets.

I'll be down there next year though. For damn sure. My girlfriend is a majorette for our band. She wasn't too hyped up about the Aggie band, said that their show wasn't very entertaining. I can understand that, with their style of marching, you either get it or you don't. I was 95% dead set on going to TAMU, but the money here at Arkansas was better.

rahzel100

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rahzel are you at OSU? Your major is pretty cool. We have nothing anywhere near that at Arkansas.

Ya im at OSU. I was in aviation management and then noticed that there was an aviation security degree. That day I switched majors. I cant wait till i get my degree so I can help fight against those terrorist bastids.

rahzel100

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't get a ticket in time. I don't want to sound bitter, but I spent so much of my money on books and getting started for school that I couldn't justify the $50 for the ticket and God knows how much just to get down there. Now that I can finally afford the ticket, all the frat guys and sorostitutes with deep-pocketed parents bought up all the tickets.

I know exactly what your talking about. I spent $700 on books alone this semester. Thank God for book buyback.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know exactly what your talking about. I spent $700 on books alone this semester. Thank God for book buyback.

Two bits of advice:

-Forget the Navy, join the Air Force.

-From one student to another, avoid bookstore buybacks. Last semester, the UA Bookstore offered me about $40 for textbooks that cost me $350. I opted not to, and posted them on half.com. It was a little bit of delayed gratification, because I had to wait for this August for demand to come back. But boy was it worth it. I got $250 back once it was all said and done.

rahzel100

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two bits of advice:

-Forget the Navy, join the Air Force.

-From one student to another, avoid bookstore buybacks. Last semester, the UA Bookstore offered me about $40 for textbooks that cost me $350. I opted not to, and posted them on half.com. It was a little bit of delayed gratification, because I had to wait for this August for demand to come back. But boy was it worth it. I got $250 back once it was all said and done.

I might have to do just that. Thanks for some advice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom