State Question 779. Penny tax for teachers raises by the numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Did i miss or how do some come up with.-- $12-14 hr avgerage equal 31k salary beginning (not avg)yr job that is 180 days plus a few?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, which schools are set-up to give teachers the summers totally off?
Again, how much should we pay teachers, in your opinion? How much per hour?
What do you think would happen to the quality of teaching if we paid teachers more? That is, do you think most of the good/better teachers would continue to move out of state as fast as possible to secure much higher pay, or would they continue to make the worst wages in the nation for the same work here in Ok?

All public schools allow teachers the full summer off. Teachers claim that the continuing education workshops they attend during the summer are work hours when they are not. They shops are a requirement to maintain their credentials.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Someone asked about the link for training and getting paid for signatures
Okchildrenourfuture.org
When first pulled the page up there was a window that said
'See how to get paid' it won't pop up now. I have an email to the state OEA rep to get me the actual tiered steps link or the page I can take a pick of.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This question is really about the peeps confidence in our State Government to do the right thing. Our legislators have a long history throwing money down a rat hole. Why should today's tax payer expect anything different?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
This question is really about the peeps confidence in our State Government to do the right thing. Our legislators have a long history throwing money down a rat hole. Why should today's tax payer expect anything different?

^^this^^ I don't want this to be a teacher bashing thread.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^this^^ I don't want this to be a teacher bashing thread.

Well then we'd have to pull our knuckles off the concrete. Where would that get us? It would ruin our reputation as conservatives. Education is the devil!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom