Steak........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Didn't want to hijack the other thread, figured I would start a new a new one.

Anyone else hate eating steak anywhere other than home? I mean, why go pay over $20 for a steak, when I can grill better ones at home? Last week I got 3 T bones at Reasors for $15. They were better than any steak I have ever had at a restuarant, and weren't even the best steak I have made. I have done Rib Eyes that I could cut with a fork, and were insanely good. My wife and I went to Eureka Spings last week, and I had the best steak I had ever had from a restaurant. It cost nearly $30, and still wasn't as good as the T-Bones I made on the grill at our cabin the next night. Anyone else the same way? Have I just not had "good" steak? I have had the steak at Dooley's in B.A. and it was good....but I dunno, not as good as some I have made, and for $25 it should be.

Most of the time I eat steak at a resaurant I end up disapointed.....

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I know the feeling. My wife won't order a steak when we go out anymore. I still do just because I don't have to cook it. I like the ribeye at Outback and surprisingly enough I like the ribeye at Mackie's in Edmond. But I gotta say mine are better......don't we all think that way?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, that mine are better, but its the fact is that one gets to go out, and get waited on, and you don't have to clean up or wash the dishes afterward.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with ya... I love my steaks better than anyone elses. I usually get the Black Angus on special at Food Pyramid when they have the family packs for cheap. I can pickup a pack of 4 steaks for less than I'd pay for one at the restaurant and mmmm boy do they taste good after marinate them with some Lawreys, Worstershire and Dale's. I go back and forth betewen broiling and grilling but either way, they always come out great.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just try and cook an Allen Bros. steak just once. It is unbelievable the difference getting a prime cut of meat makes. Expensive as all get out but for special occasions, it is worth it.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive never paid for a steak that was as good as what I cook on the grill. I still like to order steak when I eat out sometimes. I'm not gonna pay $30+ dollars for one unless I know its a very good steak.

Latest posts

Top Bottom