Steak........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet I can blow your home steak out of the water with some snake river Wagyu beef over a wood grill. Just say'in.

Where would I have to go to enjoy this feast?

I'm a big proponent of wood grilling. We have two small town restaurants in Northern Ok that have outside wood grills to cook steaks on hickory coals.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother is an executive chef at one of Atlanta's top country clubs, I've heard the horror stories of what goes on in kitchen. He's been working as a chef for over 20yrs now, he said not much has changed.

With that being said, I'm betting most of the folks on this site would puke at some of the "restaurants" we have had to eat at.:eek2:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ideally your temps should vary with the cut, some cuts are perfect MR some M some Pittsburg.

I agree 1000%. I usually order ribeyes medium at restaurants due to it being heavily marbled and is sometimes a bit too soft otherwise. KC/NY strips I always get MR. T-bones I don't usually get, because due to the difference in thickness from one side to the other (the strip or short-loin portion is one side, the tenderloin portion is the other side) it is difficult to get both sides perfectly cooked-to-order.

I spent several years as a steak cook, both on a flatiron and gas grill, then later for a year and a half on an indoor charcoal grill (superior by far). I learned as mentioned above to be able to tell how well a steak is cooked by "feel", that is, a gentle prod or squeeze with a pair of good tongs. Always HATED cooking steaks well-done, just on principle, but when someone ordered a 14- or 16-oz ribeye and asked for it well done, I nearly cried. Both because I knew it would take forever to achieve and because it was absolutely ruining one of the best cuts of meat in the house. :(

Learning to "feel" how well a steak is cooked is one of the greatest skills one can achieve! :D

Love me some STEAK, baby!

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to buy a couple ribeyes at reasors and marinate them in jack daniels mesquite marinade for a couple days then cook them. They come out very tender

HKCHEF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have worked in restaurants all my life and never seen any of the gross stuff people mention. If you have doubts about a place check it out on THD website all the violations are public record.

Not saying all restaurants are clean but for the most part people seem to exaggerate a bit.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have worked in restaurants all my life and never seen any of the gross stuff people mention. If you have doubts about a place check it out on THD website all the violations are public record.

Not saying all restaurants are clean but for the most part people seem to exaggerate a bit.

+1
Some people are so paranoid about sn*t, Sh*+, boo*ers, e*r wax, se*en, t*e j*m, sm*gma, and other substances showing up in their food, that they're afraid to stand up for themselves.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best steak I have found in Tulsa hands down was at Flemmings & Silver Flame. Everywhere else & I mean everywhere has messed up at least 1 steak for either me or my wife. Last time we went to Logans it took them 4 friggin Ribeyes to get my wifes right. I just dont understand, cookin steak isnt rocket science.

ithrowicecubes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a high-end joint in Oklahoma City called Red Primesteak. It's hands down the best steak I've ever had. They have a 10oz Wagyu Kobe skirt steak that is best described as meat-flavored cotton candy. They also have some 40 day dry aged cuts of meat that are incredibly good too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom