Steak........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My home steaks are also better than anything I've had at a restaurant. Except one... if you make it to Orlando, FL, you need to eat at Charley's Steakhouse. First time I went there, they were listed #8 in the nation, the 2nd time I went, they had moved up to #2 in the nation, behind the Chicago Chop House. They grill over an open flame of mixed citrus wood and hickory at 800 degrees. Best I've had... around $50-75 per person, but worth every penny if you're in central FL to begin with.

For me, I like to get a nice thick ribeye (1" minimum), poke some holes in both sides with a fork, then marinate in a 1-gallon plastic bag with Zesty Italian dressing, fresh pressed garlic, salt, pepper, some Old Bay and a little Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning. I mix it all up in a bowl to get it good and evenly distributed, then just pour it over the steak(s) in the bag and throw it in the fridge for 4-24 hours. Charcoal is nice, but my gas grill heats up to 700 degrees awful quick, and the charcoal seems to top out about 450-500. The hotter the better for me, about 3 minutes on each side, rotate and repeat, and I've got a perfect steak somewhere right at medium rare. Can't be beat. :D

Doing some ribs tonight, though.... on the charcoal, with some hickory chips! W00T!

But seriously... you gotta try Charley's, if you head that way. :D

CraigA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love Charlies as well. After cooking on there wood fired grill that fat on the steak tastes and east like bacon!! If you are in Florida worth the trip. Far Better than Ruth Chris or Mortons. For dessert my wife and I had the creme brulee ( another good choice) and actually convinced the waitress to flambe it with the torch in front of us at the table. Just finished a 1.77 lb t-bone tonight on the grill with a side of Coppola Claret. a good chioce!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had [gas] grilled pork chops tonight basted in olive oil, Cavender's, sea salt and cracked pepper cooked over medium high heat (my grill runs hot) for about 7 minutes the first side, 5 the other side. Came out to be some of the best pork chops I've ever made.

Tomorrow night is buffalo rib-eye using the same marinade/basting liquid.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buffalo Rib Eyes are some of the best ever, but don't go past Medium on it, or it's ruined!

Interesting... I may try to find some buffalo ribeyes... where can I get them? I know of one meat market here in B'ville on Nowata road... I'll check with 'em. But if I have to go to Tulsa, where would I get them on the spur of the moment?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People with marinade fetishes crack me up. Still, I'll defend your right to soak good beef in deisel fuel, even if you don't defend my right to cut good scotch with Freska. Live and let live.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting... I may try to find some buffalo ribeyes... where can I get them? I know of one meat market here in B'ville on Nowata road... I'll check with 'em. But if I have to go to Tulsa, where would I get them on the spur of the moment?

If you can't find any good buff steaks at meat markets, check out farmer's markets, it's where I find mine. We buy these: http://www.oklahomafood.coop/shop/category_list_products.php?category_id=2&subcategory_id=16

They're from Hinton so who knows if they travel up to Tulsa.

ai20.photobucket.com_albums_b241_fistpittingnork_2010_08_14220931.jpg

Digger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the best meat in the area can be purchased at "Cosseys" Meat Market in Mustang! Never had better quality meat anywhere without all the preservatives.

Latest posts

Top Bottom