Stitt announces new measures to slow virus spread in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have called this a sham, a hoax, we have determined that masks are of no value and are nothing more that a test to prove how easily the people of the world can be managed. So, now that our hospitals are full, our health care professionals are overworked, etc., just what do you suggest as the correct way for Stitt, and other leaders to handle this?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stitt needs to shyt or get off the pot. Nobody is social distancing, wearing a mask, or using sanitizer in a bar or club for sure. But what about churches, gyms, etc? Somehow those are "safe?" We walk into a restaurant wearing a mask, take 20 steps and take it off, eat, visit, etc..... then we put the mask on to go to the bathroom or leave. So either get on with it and declare a mask mandate so it makes all the maskholes' eyes roll back in their heads or let's go full Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favor. But don't target one industry specifically and act like it's the sole reason for the hot zones.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, I'm guessin' the eleven o'clock cutoff has to do with the fact that some drinkers are getting kinda lit by then, and the more most folks drink, the dumber they get. So caution more/less goes out the window.

And a lot of 'em get the munchies and hit restaraunts afterwards.
:drunk2:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have called this a sham, a hoax, we have determined that masks are of no value and are nothing more that a test to prove how easily the people of the world can be managed. So, now that our hospitals are full, our health care professionals are overworked, etc., just what do you suggest as the correct way for Stitt, and other leaders to handle this?

"Good people of Oklahoma, as governor I would like to alert you about the potential threat of Wuhan Flu. If you are very old, or have one of the many co-morbities listed in the reams of data provided to chart deaths you need to take precautions. If you feel unsafe, please take precautions. If you feel you are particularly at risk, you should stay home if at all possible. As Oklahomans we value freedom, so I shall not attempt to dictate any mask ordinance."

Or as Governor Alfalfa Bill might say "Stay home if you're scared".

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I'm guessin' the eleven o'clock cutoff has to do with the fact that some drinkers are getting kinda lit by then, and the more most folks drink, the dumber they get. So caution more/less goes out the window.

And a lot of 'em get the munchies and hit restaraunts afterwards.

Right.... nobody eats or drinks before 11pm.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

We let it ride out like every other virus we've ever encountered, administer a vaccine when available and keep on living a life with no certainty for tomorrow........................just like we have for the last 100 years.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet I test that out, lol.
I tested it from the word go here and no one ever said a word to me other than one guy at the liquor store. And when I offered to cancel my order and leave he told me no I didnt need to do that.
"So your store policy has a price tag on it"? He was speechless.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
our town has had a rule for masks since lockdown ended. They were cagy and made businesses enforce it or face fines. It's worked well. Our county has no such rule and their schools have had to shut down, their football team forced for forfeit the playoffs. The city schools have struggled, but our football team is advancing.

Our governor steadfastly refused a mandate for the state, opting instead to issue them county by county. It failed. Our numbers rose and he was forced to issue a statewide mandate. Then, our numbers fell. He let the mandate expire. Now our numbers are approaching their highest point yet and he is back to issuing county by county mandates.

Correlation does not prove causation, save for when it does.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
our town has had a rule for masks since lockdown ended. They were cagy and made businesses enforce it or face fines. It's worked well. Our county has no such rule and their schools have had to shut down, their football team forced for forfeit the playoffs. The city schools have struggled, but our football team is advancing.

Our governor steadfastly refused a mandate for the state, opting instead to issue them county by county. It failed. Our numbers rose and he was forced to issue a statewide mandate. Then, our numbers fell. He let the mandate expire. Now our numbers are approaching their highest point yet and he is back to issuing county by county mandates.

Correlation does not prove causation, save for when it does.

I'm sure there are no other variables at play. I mean..... my wife's ICU unit has nurses coming down with it left and right... as have many others. Someone should tell them to wear a mask I guess?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure there are no other variables at play. I mean..... my wife's ICU unit has nurses coming down with it left and right... as have many others. Someone should tell them to wear a mask I guess?

or wear them correctly. It's hard to know the variables in play. I only commented on how our numbers rose and fell. Luckily my governor is pretty worthless so he doesn't do much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom