Stitt announces new measures to slow virus spread in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stitt is being dragged into action. I believe his heart is not in these measures but he has to respond to the outcry. The measures seem designed to look like things are being done.... without having much impact on people's businesses and livelihoods (must close after 11:00pm)
A LOT of bars make the majority of income on Friday and Sat night between 11 pm and 2 am
This will further shut down some business

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Except that age group comes into later contact with the vulnerable age groups like parents and grandparents. The 18 - 35 year old group represents 1/3 of the cases in the state.

So where does it end? Who does and doesn't get to go where, and for how long? Who do you get to visit after you've been to a certain place for so long? Who gets to decide all of that, who gets to enforce all of that? That's why it's all BS. The covid itself not BS, the intrusion on people's lives and the response by those that think they have the power is 100% BS. Is this still America?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So where does it end? Who does and doesn't get to go where, and for how long? Who do you get to visit after you've been to a certain place for so long? Who gets to decide all of that, who gets to enforce all of that? That's why it's all BS. The covid itself not BS, the intrusion on people's lives and the response by those that think they have the power is 100% BS. Is this still America?

People should make their own “smart” decisions. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people with little to no common sense to make smart decisions. It ends when the vaccines become widely available in the next few months - both that have finished the last phase of trials are greater than 90% effective; much better than the seasonal flu vaccine.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

How many rules and laws do you think play into the average visit to a bar? I'm not advocating for more, but pointing out that telling a business they can't operate after certain hours is pretty normal in the broader sense.

They are told hours (even days) they can and cannot sell booze, the age people must be to get booze, to stop serving if a person has had too much. They are told what is unsafe for food, that some places must serve food, and can be closed for not following the rules. They are told how many people can be inside a building, how the building must be built and where some businesses can be located.

If we want to argue about whether these changes make a difference or are fair, fine. But to say it's about 'freedom' is pretty silly when you think about how many rules are already involved.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many rules and laws do you think play into the average visit to a bar? I'm not advocating for more, but pointing out that telling a business they can't operate after certain hours is pretty normal in the broader sense.

They are told hours (even days) they can and cannot sell booze, the age people must be to get booze, to stop serving if a person has had too much. They are told what is unsafe for food, that some places must serve food, and can be closed for not following the rules. They are told how many people can be inside a building, how the building must be built and where some businesses can be located.

If we want to argue about whether these changes make a difference or are fair, fine. But to say it's about 'freedom' is pretty silly when you think about how many rules are already involved.

Agreed. Making participation in a lot of these "safety measures, hours, etc..." is pure D nonsense. I'd much rather see voluntary participation in a consumer based association rather than food and alcohol rules enforced by the state.

I'll be interested to see what my favorite restaurants in Mexicanville look like this weekend. So far they've thumbed their noses at a bunch of bureaucratic jerkoffs interfering with commerce.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure that's when the most vulnerable age group is at the bars too lol.
I frequent a bar that does Karaoke and believe it or not, its an older crowd mostely. So dont stereo ty[e club goes as a certain age crowd. I shut that bar down not long ago and there were folks older than me (the majority) there until the lights came on at 1:45am

Latest posts

Top Bottom