Stitt announces new measures to slow virus spread in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my own personal observations.

When this thing got rolling they were shutting stuff down right and left and preaching for everyone to wear a mask. If we only wore the mask it would go away, we were told. My mother has cancer and I'm basically her main support giving her rides to treatments and such so I limit my activities. Hell I haven't even shot any matches like I would have except for COVID. I just can't take the chance of carrying it to her. But when I went into a store back then maybe 25% of the people were wearing masks. Then numbers started going down like they said they would (Due to warmer weather. They were correct on this one).

Fast forward to now.

Now when I have to go into a store, basically EVERYONE is wearing a mask. What's happening? Hospitals are overflowing.

Me thinks the mask doesn't have much if any effect based on what I see happening. One could even extrapolate that the masks might be a contributing factor? I don't but...

But here we are repeating the same things over again and expecting different results. Maybe when our boy Biden takes over all the riots will stop and everyone will love each other again and it'll go away on it's own. /sarcasm
The thing is, its not just wearing a mask. How many people take off their mask, fold it, put the exposed side of the mask in their hand and stuff in their pocket? Then go and scratch their nose, pick an eye booger out of the corner of their eye before washing their hands. IF they even bother to wash their hands at all.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
received_132146408346686.jpeg
received_132146408346686.jpeg

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm almost convinced I'm immune to it. I am around lots of different people every day of the week pretty much.
I NEVER wear a mask and I dont sit 10' away from my friends at the bar when we visit.
I wash my hands but I touch my face often. An itch to scratch on my face, I scratch it. Eyes watery from allergies, I wipe em. I kiss my woman on the mouth often. I am just an irresponsible dangerous person who lives on the edge sometimes LOL
I am not going to live in ANY forced fear they wanna spread.
I have been living this irresponsible lifestyle since the end of the shut down.
You get more than the one hour minimum of bright sunshine per day right?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In his defense, as our governor, he has to echo the cdc... I still don't understand the whole 11pm bar/restaurant rule, but he has to recommend masks and such. I'm convinced this is going to end in more renewed town closures across the state, and I wouldn't rule out Stitt as the perpetrator. He can't mandate masks because his base doesn't buy into it, closure is the only other option to appear at least proactive.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably a Republican Governor that doesn’t think taking away human rights capriciously to create a nanny state?

Republican yes, but that is the only thing going in his favor. He's the worst type of politician, (openly) out for himself and vindictive. While telling farmers the state couldn't afford to fix collapsing (closed) bridges, he was involved in getting MDOT to build a road from his neighborhood to a local shopping area. Willing to put his state under a mask order, but unwilling to wear one himself when going to events in DC. A very 'lead from the rear' type.

But as i said, he resisted until he couldn't and then ordered the statewide mandate. It worked. He then backed off and we are back to him trying to contain something with county by county orders. It's failing.

Not sure why he (or anyone) would think that ordering one county (or 9) to wear a mask is somehow less offensive to the supposed 'human rights' that people are claiming are violated. If it's a violation to make everyone why isn't it a violation to make some...

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stitt needs to shyt or get off the pot. Nobody is social distancing, wearing a mask, or using sanitizer in a bar or club for sure. But what about churches, gyms, etc? Somehow those are "safe?" We walk into a restaurant wearing a mask, take 20 steps and take it off, eat, visit, etc..... then we put the mask on to go to the bathroom or leave. So either get on with it and declare a mask mandate so it makes all the maskholes' eyes roll back in their heads or let's go full Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favor. But don't target one industry specifically and act like it's the sole reason for the hot zones.

We just started going back to church a few weeks ago (had been doing the online thing) . . . we wear masks in the foyer and as we walk to our seats. We're spread out so much that many of us take our mask off during the service.

I don't mind the mask wear . . . but I do mind the folks on either side who try to virtue signal or shame others over mask wearing.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know anything about MS, but in Tulsa county we've been under a mask mandate for quite some time and have seen no meaningful decline in cases or hospitalizations. We can point the finger to neighboring cities, but if everyone is wearing a mask in Tulsa, and they are effective, how is being transmitted?

Folks who blame the surrounding counties sound an awful lot like Chicago's mayor blaming Gary, Indiana for Chicago gun crime . . . .

Latest posts

Top Bottom