Supreme Court looks to medieval England in gun rights case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
1635883394700.png

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ridiculous. We don’t need to go back into England’s history to decide what the 2A says. We know what the heck it means. We don’t need a corrupt court to tell us what we can and can’t do. Scalia didn’t follow the bill of rights or the 2A when he made his opinion on the Heller case. I don’t expect this joke of a court to do what is actually constitutional. They act like understanding the constitution and bill of rights is so hard. The second amendment is so clear it ain’t even funny. It is the only amendment that says “shall not be infringed “. That means to not touch it. But it’s the amendment that has been assaulted the most. Gee, I wonder why that is? It sure ain’t for our safety. It’s what the government does. They use safety and fear to gain more control over us. Sadly we have a lot of dumb citizens that don’t realize that.

Some good information in this following link

The James Madison Research Library and Information Center

The birthright of an American is every weapon of the soldier or something to that effect

VarmintHunter59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All gun laws are wrong...

First...Let's start with felons.....we'll take AWAY THEIR RIGHTS,...in the name of safety ....

...Now,....those unVaxed...Why...we'll take AWAY THEIR RIGHT...in the name of safety....

...WE ...gave them the inch....when we gave the first gun laws back in the 1930's....in the name of safety...(felons (Americans) cannot own/have a gun....restrict ownership of "LEGAL" GUNS BY A TAX

WE made a second class of people....They are not stopping we some dumb gun laws....This is the beginning....in the name of safety

They'll get the guns,...ammo....knives,....clubs....Just give them a few more years....in the name of safety....

Soon those Felons, UnVaxed...and who knows who is next...maybe gumbling parent on what kid brings home from school .will have to be a ..."final solution"......in the name of safety....

You are dead right.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ridiculous. We don’t need to go back into England’s history to decide what the 2A says. We know what the heck it means. We don’t need a corrupt court to tell us what we can and can’t do. Scalia didn’t follow the bill of rights or the 2A when he made his opinion on the Heller case. I don’t expect this joke of a court to do what is actually constitutional. They act like understanding the constitution and bill of rights is so hard. The second amendment is so clear it ain’t even funny. It is the only amendment that says “shall not be infringed “. That means to not touch it. But it’s the amendment that has been assaulted the most. Gee, I wonder why that is? It sure ain’t for our safety. It’s what the government does. They use safety and fear to gain more control over us. Sadly we have a lot of dumb citizens that don’t realize that.
Sure we do. The history of the rights of Englishmen is WHY we have a second amendment in the first place. It's also why we have the 2nd Amendment that we have. Don't be short-sighted! Just hope and pray that they have good reading skills and comprehension.

Bill

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bogus. We kicked their butts out of here because we didn’t like their laws.
Nope. We kicked them out because they were making laws that were not being applied equally to the English colonists AND the English who stayed home in England. It wasn't the laws we didn't like so much as that they kept making special laws that only applied to colonists, as if they were not Englishmen. When they kept doubling down on that, a bunch of folks said some things like "Well, if we're really not Englishmen, why should we pay any taxes to England?" and "Why should they have any say here at all if we're not English?" and "You really think you're going to take away the gun I need to protect and feed my family? You can try!"

Bill

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All gun laws are wrong...

First...Let's start with felons.....we'll take AWAY THEIR RIGHTS,...in the name of safety ....

...Now,....those unVaxed...Why...we'll take AWAY THEIR RIGHT...in the name of safety....

...WE ...gave them the inch....when we gave the first gun laws back in the 1930's....in the name of safety...(felons (Americans) cannot own/have a gun....restrict ownership of "LEGAL" GUNS BY A TAX

WE made a second class of people....They are not stopping we some dumb gun laws....This is the beginning....in the name of safety

They'll get the guns,...ammo....knives,....clubs....Just give them a few more years....in the name of safety....

Soon those Felons, UnVaxed...and who knows who is next...maybe gumbling parent on what kid brings home from school .will have to be a ..."final solution"......in the name of safety....
Yep. We really need to repeal all those laws. Every stinking one of them! Local, state, and federal.

Bill

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. We kicked them out because they were making laws that were not being applied equally to the English colonists AND the English who stayed home in England. It wasn't the laws we didn't like so much as that they kept making special laws that only applied to colonists, as if they were not Englishmen. When they kept doubling down on that, a bunch of folks said some things like "Well, if we're really not Englishmen, why should we pay any taxes to England?" and "Why should they have any say here at all if we're not English?" and "You really think you're going to take away the gun I need to protect and feed my family? You can try!"

Bill
How is that different than we didn’t like their laws?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I listened to the arguments I wasn’t too happy about it. I thought the lawyer “on our side” was horrible. He agreed with the leftists numerous times about restrictions being needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom