Sure, we live in a "post-racial" America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, and I'm saying that if you want to convince yourself of that perception, then by all means - do it, but you're using all sorts of logical fallacy to convince yourself of that. That doesn't hold true for those of us who don't sit around reading left-wing articles and getting rage-boners because of it. If Al Sharpton has all but ruined the civil-rights movement for you, then he's done literally no damage to it at all for me because I don't watch him and Rachael Maddow all day and ***** about it. I ignore them both and look for less poop-flinging news sources.

I know what the word racism means regardless of how it's been twisted on either side. So does most of society (especially those who experience the negative impacts of racism in person on a regular basis).

An assault rifle is still an assault rifle regardless of what the mainstream media calls an "assault weapon". The real meaning doesn't change simply because there are ignorant people trying to cloud facts with BS. You can

Yeah, I was right. were not tracking.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks, Ridge. I want to clarify that I slurred my daughter, not the young man she is seeing. I have nothing but positive things to say about him. If he were white, I would be trying to get her to marry him. There is nothing wrong with the young man, he is a good man. I regret the statement, but I will not retract it, because I see too many others apologize for what they say, or try to backtrack on it.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, Ridge. I want to clarify that I slurred my daughter, not the young man she is seeing. I have nothing but positive things to say about him. If he were white, I would be trying to get her to marry him. There is nothing wrong with the young man, he is a good man. I regret the statement, but I will not retract it, because I see too many others apologize for what they say, or try to backtrack on it.

Its nice to see at least one person own the words that come out of their finger tips. You and I were basically making jokes by the end of that thread. The backpeddlers and rationalizers were still whining. They came in this thread immediately to whine. That's what they do. I just read all their posts in an effeminate Sean Hannity-getting-cornholed voice. That's how I imagine they sound - the new voice of the right is a bunch of whiny bitches.

If you're going to make controversial/inflammatory statements, you look like either an idiot or a wimp if you try to hide from the backlash or pretend it's something else. I disagree with you, I called you out for the slur, but you owned it. I say a lot of offensive ****. Everyone does. The difference is I own it. You know, for example I'm wont to say the Democratic party may be the party of gay rights, but the GOP is the party of faggots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?189917-Oklahoma-ban-on-gay-marriage-ruled-unconstitutional&highlight=mudshark

Nope, no racism on OSA. No Klan members. Nobody defending them.

Clearly I'm just overly PC.

I found this thread by searching the term "mudshark" by the way.

Go back and read it. My discussion with 0311, the poster who used a racial slur and admitted his own racism, ended on better terms than my discussions with his apologists, e.g. rebel-son and TedKennedy. I respect honesty and I respect him shouldering the negative backlash than comes with his beliefs. He also kept his promise to not bring this stuff up again, while his "non-racist" sack riders keep blabbing daily. The sack riders and apologists that litter this board are much worse. They also litter the GOP. You wanted me to start calling them out. I've called out several in this thread. I'll keep it up since I've been tasked with it.

You should search Dan Boren and see what kind of vitriol shows up in threads about him.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As for the racists and homophobes here, when you guys see someone post that tripe, have at them. The only way we can adequately "police" such speech is to return to pretty strict rules on what can and cannot be discussed, and enforce those rules with bannings.

I don't want to go that direction, but I don't want a board filled with hateful rhetoric either.

I like they way it's being handled. It's just my opinion, but OSA is on a good path, not overly moderated but enough to keep it interesting. As Aristotle would say "strive for the mean".

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a little confused, are you being facetious about the "if he were white..." comment or are you truly opposed to her getting married to him because he is not white?

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called my daughter who is seeing a hippie a "patchoulishark". I was wrong for saying that.

i459.photobucket.com_albums_qq318_crivillas_sorrycat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom