SUV Carrying 27 Crashes With Semi, Killing 15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It depends on the Expedition. The Expedition EL, or as they are called now, the Expedition Max are almost as big as the Excursion. Wife and I have had an Excursion in the past and currently have an Expedition Max. It may be a bit smaller than the Excursion.
Terry what is the seating capacity of the absolute biggest of all of the Ford SUV you mention?

Don't answer, it isn't that important to the story. It doesn't matter if it seats 5 or 8. They apparently had 27 in the vehicle.

Thoughts and prayers for all involved including the First Responders.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This happens where my wife is from every couple of years. They use Toyota Hiaci vans as their public van service. I've ridden in them many times, it's not unusual to have 20 people crammed into one with people and kids sitting on laps, chickens in cages stuffed in with people, etc. Every couple of years or so one of these raving lunatic drivers who split the lanes to pass with traffic going both directions or passing on blind hills (of which there are MANY in the Caribbean), etc., will drive off a cliff into a ravine, into the ocean or get clobbered head on by a massive industrial truck coming the other way. Usually ends up in 10 or 15 dead.

They mourn the people and move on, nothing ever changes.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does a political sticker make the loss of life any different? Would it be more tragic if there was a MAGA sticker?

Illegal border crossings jumped 200% literally the day after Biden took office. 200% surge in illegal border crossings reported (fox5ny.com)

You may not like it, but the odds are extremely high that these migrants were part of that continuing surge, which has exceeded 300% higher than any time on record in certain sectors. Even the hospital treating the victims understand this. California hospital working with Mexican consulate after 15 killed in SUV crash | Fox News

But don't worry, despite former officials calling a much smaller surge under the Trump Administration a "crisis", Illegal border crossings jumping back up to 'crisis' levels: Former DHS secretary | Fox News now that it's 3-4 times higher, current DHS Secretary Mayorkas says it's not a crisis. Biden DHS secretary Mayorkas claims there's 'no' crisis at southern border | Fox News

So despite this being a terrible tragedy, it's definitely not a crisis according to the Biden Administration. If you feel differently, perhaps you should take it up with them. After all, they truly are the experts and their priorities right now lie elsewhere.

US agents seize 277 pounds of banned bologna at Mexico border | Fox News

TL;DR: Expect more of these type tragedies (and others) to stack up while we look the other way on illegal border crossings. :(

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Illegal border crossings jumped 200% literally the day after Biden took office. 200% surge in illegal border crossings reported (fox5ny.com)

You may not like it, but the odds are extremely high that these migrants were part of that continuing surge, which has exceeded 300% higher than any time on record in certain sectors. Even the hospital treating the victims understand this. California hospital working with Mexican consulate after 15 killed in SUV crash | Fox News

But don't worry, despite former officials calling a much smaller surge under the Trump Administration a "crisis", Illegal border crossings jumping back up to 'crisis' levels: Former DHS secretary | Fox News now that it's 3-4 times higher, current DHS Secretary Mayorkas says it's not a crisis. Biden DHS secretary Mayorkas claims there's 'no' crisis at southern border | Fox News

So despite this being a terrible tragedy, it's definitely not a crisis according to the Biden Administration. If you feel differently, perhaps you should take it up with them. After all, they truly are the experts and their priorities right now lie elsewhere.

US agents seize 277 pounds of banned bologna at Mexico border | Fox News

TL;DR: Expect more of these type tragedies (and others) to stack up while we look the other way on illegal border crossings. :(
Okay, but I'm not really asking about the administration. I was more asking you. Would it make it more tragic were there a MAGA sticker on there versus the hypothetical Biden on you proposed might be on there.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It depends on the Expedition. The Expedition EL, or as they are called now, the Expedition Max are almost as big as the Excursion. Wife and I have had an Excursion in the past and currently have an Expedition Max. It may be a bit smaller than the Excursion.

It's an older Expedition in the article pic, late 90's early 2000's. Excursions had 8 seat belts unless it had captains chairs in the middle row then just 7. Not sure how many seatbelts the Expeditions had.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's an older Expedition in the article pic, late 90's early 2000's. Excursions had 8 seat belts unless it had captains chairs in the middle row then just 7. Not sure how many seatbelts the Expeditions had.
Safe to say it’s less than 27.
Ya know, I’m thinkin with 27 folks in there they must’ve been sharing the driving amongst 4 of em.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, but I'm not really asking about the administration. I was more asking you. Would it make it more tragic were there a MAGA sticker on there versus the hypothetical Biden on you proposed might be on there.

I’m sorry that you don’t understand my post, but I honestly don’t think explaining it to you will make it less confusing for you. Best to let you think whatever you wish and leave it at that. :comfort:

Latest posts

Top Bottom