Tahoe or 4Runner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tahoe or 4RUNNER

• Tahoe

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • 4RUNNER

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Something Else.

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am in outside sales over the last 10 years I’ve always had a company car. I’m starting with a new company in a couple weeks. They offer a car allowance instead, which means that I get to drive what I want for the first time in a long time. I love trucks but having to carry equipment and having a small family I think that a larger SUV would probably make the most sense. Right now I’m leaning towards a Tahoe or a 4Runner. Just thought I’d see if y’all had any experiences good or bad. If there is something else I should consider feel free to throw that out as well. Not wanting larger than the Tahoe or really much smaller than the 4Runner. I’ll be probably be buying used in the 2013-2016 range.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Tahoe can’t remember what year it was late 90’s I think and I loved it 4 runners are awesome too but seemed a little rough riding but was better on gas mileage that’s a tough choice

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Tacoma 2018 which is similar to the 4Runner minus the back storage area, I can say that when I load my family of 4 into the Tacoma there is 0 space left for anything else, besides a couple bags of grocery or a back pack. In my suburban which is similar to a Tahoe minus the back storage, we have a lot of space left to get comfortable. Members of my family are not large,I’m the largest and I weigh #180. Hope this helps.

Get both!! Lol

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
For business I rent cars a lot and I have rented both of these. The Tahoe is physically wider than the 4 Runner. The Tahoe is more luxurious while the 4 Runner is more utilitarian. Given only these two as choices I would go with the 4 Runner.
If you are open to other SUVs you might take a look at a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you plan to off-road I’d get the 4Runner since it’s smaller and lighter. However, even today the seats are not comfortable and the ride is stiff. The Tahoe is tough and big and much more luxurious. The Toyota will probably hold it’s value much better. For some reason people pay top dollar for used Toyotas. On the Tahoe At 3-4 years old, I would think you’d be expecting to pay 50-60% of new retail.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it matters to you, the Toyota will hold value better and longer than the Tahoe. The main reason to get the Tahoe would be the additional interior room which you may need as an outside salesman. In a used purchase situation that you've described, it's probably going to come down to the individual vehicles you find to consider. Both can get the job done and may be in a similar price zone so you'll be weighing out the other factors. Good luck with your choice!

Latest posts

Top Bottom