Tahoe or 4Runner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tahoe or 4RUNNER

• Tahoe

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • 4RUNNER

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Something Else.

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am in outside sales over the last 10 years I’ve always had a company car. I’m starting with a new company in a couple weeks. They offer a car allowance instead, which means that I get to drive what I want for the first time in a long time. I love trucks but having to carry equipment and having a small family I think that a larger SUV would probably make the most sense. Right now I’m leaning towards a Tahoe or a 4Runner. Just thought I’d see if y’all had any experiences good or bad. If there is something else I should consider feel free to throw that out as well. Not wanting larger than the Tahoe or really much smaller than the 4Runner. I’ll be probably be buying used in the 2013-2016 range.
Subaru. BTW I can get you a $500 discount.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son always loved his Tahoe or Denali until they started giving him trouble. They always looked good and rode good. He finally bought a new Nissan 4 dr Frontier pickup. He loves it. But it sure doesn't ride like the others. He always had a Chevy or GMC. I did too. Yeah, I miss my old GM product sometimes. Have owned two Ford trucks also. I would lean toward the Toyota. My 2 cents.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are they going to offer yo the option to purchase the vehicle later? If they are, pick the one with the highest resale.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anything but a Ford turd. We have a 2010 GMC Yukon 4x4 with 150,000 miles on it. My wife drives it and it's one of the best vehicles we have ever owned.
20190112_112137.jpg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything but a Ford turd. We have a 2010 GMC Yukon 4x4 with 150,000 miles on it. My wife drives it and it's one of the best vehicles we have ever owned.View attachment 132350
Yeah... had a Ford Station wagon with 262,000 miles on it when I sold it. Never had the valve covers off. Still ran and drove great.

My old '76 Ford pickup had around 200k miles when I parked it. Still have it, and it may yet get revived. Basically needs a brake job (including a master cylinder) and an oil change. Lol, and no doubt a battery... :D

Our "new" car ('98 Crown Vic) has around 130k miles on it. Its major expenses have been an alternator and a belt.

YMMV. :drunk2:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything but a Ford turd. We have a 2010 GMC Yukon 4x4 with 150,000 miles on it. My wife drives it and it's one of the best vehicles we have ever owned.View attachment 132350

Well, I've had all kinds of vehicles over my many years of driving, part of that as a professional driver. The biggest letdowns have been GM products. Had a Chevy Silverado 4WD that I used on the farm that had the camshaft lobes go flat at 17,000 miles. Then that same pickup had to have an overhaul at 60,000 miles, in spite of the vehicle getting regular maintenance. Had a GMC pickup that couldn't keep the transmission working right. Had a Buick go belly up at less than 100,000 miles in spite of regular maintenance.

I've had my driver's license since 1962, and I've never had any major issues with all the different Fords that I've had over those years. Maybe an occasional starter or alternator needed replaced. And, Ford didn't participate in the government bailout and then fail to pay back all the money given it.

If those are "turds," I'll take them over a GM product any day.

cm_osu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I've had all kinds of vehicles over my many years of driving, part of that as a professional driver. The biggest letdowns have been GM products. Had a Chevy Silverado 4WD that I used on the farm that had the camshaft lobes go flat at 17,000 miles. Then that same pickup had to have an overhaul at 60,000 miles, in spite of the vehicle getting regular maintenance. Had a GMC pickup that couldn't keep the transmission working right. Had a Buick go belly up at less than 100,000 miles in spite of regular maintenance.

I've had my driver's license since 1962, and I've never had any major issues with all the different Fords that I've had over those years. Maybe an occasional starter or alternator needed replaced. And, Ford didn't participate in the government bailout and then fail to pay back all the money given it.

If those are "turds," I'll take them over a GM product any day.

Ford still owes a few billion dollars back that they borrowed in 2009. Their money came from a different program than TARP but to say "Ford didn't participate in the government bailout and then fail to pay back all the money given it" is disingenuous.

That being said I have no brand loyalty anymore when it comes to cars.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ford still owes a few billion dollars back that they borrowed in 2009. Their money came from a different program than TARP but to say "Ford didn't participate in the government bailout and then fail to pay back all the money given it" is disingenuous.

That being said I have no brand loyalty anymore when it comes to cars.

Perhaps that was a loan? Also, Ford didn't do bankruptcy to alleviate themselves of some of the debt, so if they haven't paid all of their loans back yet, they are still liable for them.

cm_osu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps that was a loan? Also, Ford didn't do bankruptcy to alleviate themselves of some of the debt, so if they haven't paid all of their loans back yet, they are still liable for them.
Yes it was a loan. Ford's CEO went to DC asking for money with the other 2 CEOs of the big 3. They came out with a different deal but that doesnt change the fact that they were facing the same struggles the other 2 were. Now they're facing an $11b restructuring that could last several years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom