Target has access to the OK Drivers License database!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, the paranoid crazies keep coming. 7-11 has been doing this for awhile for alcohol and tobacco purchases, why does Target matter? All they're doing is elminating the human error when checking your DOB and elminating any potentially fake IDs. But obviously the government is traking everything we do...

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess since your age is only 20 we can forgive you for being naive. What are gonna do when they want to just tattoo that same information on the back of your hand? They'll say it'll be safer and prevent fraud. Where does it stop?

Awww ****, the age card has been pulled.

Eh, have you ever shopped online? You give information to companies all the time doing that. Most employers already know all your info. The govt knows your stuff too.

I'm not trustworthy of everything a government or the corporations do, but privacy has been an illusion since the cold war.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, the paranoid crazies keep coming. 7-11 has been doing this for awhile for alcohol and tobacco purchases, why does Target matter? All they're doing is elminating the human error when checking your DOB and elminating any potentially fake IDs. But obviously the government is traking everything we do...

Nothing like teaching people basic math skills is there? Let the computer do it all.
So sad you young people can't see what's coming.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing like teaching people basic math skills is there? Let the computer do it all.

Ever had a fat finger misdial a button?

It's not math skills, it's simple human fallibility. Try standing at a register and not make trivial mistakes.

Thanks for the condescension though.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They were scanning my license when I entered bars back in Texas, and that's been almost ten years ago. I they had both a magnetic strip and a bar code on the back of it.

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IDK maybe its just me but after being in the military for 5 years now I have given my social, my drivers license and my DNA to just about everyone. Something like this wouldnt ever bother me. My dad on the other hand is convinced that the government is after everyone. Believe me the government knows alot more than you think and just because you dont want your id scanned doesnt mean that they dont know what you are buying. Like someone siad before you better make all of your purchases with cash because you dont know who is on the other side of that credit card machine...... LOL some people.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It's not even basic math skills. You think it's hard to "Enter date of birth:" into a computer? No, a 12 year old could do it. But it takes alot less time to just scan the license and you don't run the risk of hitting a wrong key.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...I've not been in a liquor store that doesn't scan your ID barcode to verify that its real and you're legal if you're not obviously 21 or a frequent flyer...

Like other posters have said... don't use a debit or credit card, and especially not a "rewards card" (Ace... K-Mart... Homeland... etc...) if you're that paranoid. It's very easy for me to take a transaction (or three) and tailor a marketing campaign around your personal shopping habits, especially on those rewards cards where you consent for that information to not only be initially personally identifiable rather than datamined, but also for all of your shopping information (including the personally identifiable stuff) to be sold to third parties.

That junk you receive in the mailbox address to "Postal Customer" or "Current Resident" aren't shotgun mailers that often any more. "Direct mail" marketing is really becoming direct mail. If I were a computer repair shop, I could buy a list of everyone who bought a computer within 75 miles of me 2 years ago likely with warranties expected to expire soon so that I can mail them a coupon for a "tune up" or "locally-offered extended warranty coverage" cheap and legal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom