Thanksgiving food sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those that like pecan pie and make your own. Add chocolate chips. Then dump a piece on a scoop of vanilla ice cream, mash it all together and eat.

Thank me later. ;)

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for the food, about 25 years ago I got tired of not enjoying the food and I started my own tradition. I make a lasagna every year now for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I also make a cheesecake of various flavors, although I have started going semi traditional by making a pumpkin cheesecake. I hate pumpkin pie, but I love me some pumpkin cheesecake.

Ok, I might have to do that. I've been eating lots of meat lately and no junk...but been thinking of what to do for Thanksgiving. I've not made a lasagna in years. Lasagna and cheesecake sounds like a delicious sleepy weekend.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm right there with you. I've never liked Thanksgiving for a couple reasons. 1st is the food that is traditionally served. Very little of it do I enjoy.

2nd is the gathering of people. I'm not a fan of all of those people in my house. I'm not completely against people being there, but it's the sheer number of them. I'm pretty sure I top out at 6 people comfortably. Currently there are going to be 12 in my house this year. I'm not looking forward it.

As for the food, about 25 years ago I got tired of not enjoying the food and I started my own tradition. I make a lasagna every year now for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I also make a cheesecake of various flavors, although I have started going semi traditional by making a pumpkin cheesecake. I hate pumpkin pie, but I love me some pumpkin cheesecake.

I used to make more for the dinners, but since my surgery I eat very little food, so I just leave it at those 2 and make stuff that other people will like as well.

I can almost bear these dinners now, if only I could cut the number of people at them.
Make this, or put a conish game hen in the turkey and tell them it was pregnant. Either way will cut down on the number of people next year.

Thanksgiving.jpg

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, Thanksgiving meal is one of my favorite meals of the year. I like it all except cranberry sauce, yams and pumpkin pie.
i hate cranberries but my granny used to make cranberry relish with apple and oranges in it and I really liked it my dad makes it now and it is edible but its not the same as grandmas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom