Thanksgiving food sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I might have to do that. I've been eating lots of meat lately and no junk...but been thinking of what to do for Thanksgiving. I've not made a lasagna in years. Lasagna and cheesecake sounds like a delicious sleepy weekend.
Do it. Especially if you are hosting. If someone wants the traditional stuff, tell them to bring it. That's what I've done for the last 7 years. It's my house and if I'm going to suffer all of those people in my house, I'm going to make food that I actually like.

That being said, I do make other stuff that others want to eat, like I'll be doing a ham again this year, even though I don't like ham like that. But the most important thing for me to cook is lasagna and a cheesecake. Those WILL turn out perfect every year. If the other stuff doesn't work out as well, I'm fine with it. 😁

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who chose the traditional menu? Do people REALLY like all that stuff?

I don't like turkey
I don't like stuffing
I don't like sweet potato/yams
I don't like cranberry stuff
I don't like pumpkin pie

For real, how did THAT become "tradition".

Gimme a steak and mashed potatoes...I'm good.
Dang man, I love all of that.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blah

img_1_1699960709315.jpg

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mama is Asian and we normally rotate back and forth between a traditional big turkey dinner with all the trimmings (and eat leftovers for 3 or 4 days) and Asian food.....I was informed / reminded yesterday that it's turkey this year which is fine with me both are good.
For some reason, I got the visual of a very stern woman with a rolling pin.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"But according to the two only remaining historical records of the first Thanksgiving menu, that meal consisted of freshly killed deer, assorted wildfowl, cod, bass, and flint, and a native variety of corn harvested by the Native Americans, which was eaten as corn bread and porridge."
Which means I eat a Thanksgiving meal on a pretty regular basis.

Pumpkin pie sucks, pecan pie is too sweet. I think I'll have some deer and cornbread and an Indian gal for dessert.

38Super

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are going to be in Eureka Springs again this year. The Thanksgiving FEAST that they serve up at the Crescent Hotel is AMAZING. Thye have salmon, ham, turkey, beef and all the trimmings. We just happened on to it last year. Decided to get out of town and away from family, stayed at the Basin Park Hotel and they reached out about 2 weeks prior to our stay and told us about this. Decided to go back this year and stay at the Crescent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom