The "Gimme Generation" - Warning! Rant ahead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually you jackass, someone else made a comment on the blue collar guys, not me.

You strike me as an enormous baby. No one is taking advantage. Life is the way it is. Deal with it.

You're wrong JB... just because you don't see it or deal with it in your white-collar world doesn't mean it's not happening. Roll your sleeves up and get in the trenches before you issue a blanket statement like that and you'll get your preconceived notions handed to you on your own silver platter. There are TONS and TONS of people who are taking advantage and milking the system. Every day. In every way.

I will apologize for the blue-collar thing... I didn't see anything about it, though I scanned through most of the posts. Obviously I missed one.

It's one thing to be a defender of the downtrodden... it's another to defend anyone for anything. Some things just aren't defensible. I realize lawyers don't believe that... but I do.

I'm sorry if you don't like me. That's your choice. But the fact is, you don't know me, either. And it matters little to me what you or anyone else thinks... I explicitly stated what was in this thread. You're more than welcome to exit it. Fact is, people need an outlet, and I honestly don't think you (or most people) have a clue in your everyday heads about what happens in some areas of society all day long, every day. So before you go telling those of us getting dirty trying to save people to suck it up or get the hell out, grab a shovel and start digging yourself. Otherwise, you might try being grateful you've got it good enough you don't have to deal with this stuff, and someone else is willing to do so. Otherwise, it'd be spilling over onto your doorstep, and in some places, it already does. I'm not saying be grateful to me, either, be grateful to God... I don't ask for anybody's thanks - ever. All I ask is not to be treated like someone's slave or like garbage.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who do you think the bulk of my clients are? They are the damned, the disenfranchised and the dispossessed. Many of them are barely getting by. Talk to me about the trenches? Ha ha my boy I LIVE in the trenches and have been nonstop for the last 15 years. I deal with more than my fair share of people you would look down on. The difference is this is the life I chose. It has its blessing and its bane. I don't look down on those folks they give me everything I have. I appreciate the fact I have a job.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sounds like angry old farts in here :p

And a few angry young ones too :D

I'll also add that you can learn a skill while remaining "white collar" or grey collar." You don't have to be blue collar to be recession proof. You just have to have some marketable skill and a willingness to use it.

My wife completed a Master of Social Work program. Is it glamorous? No. It is blue collar? No. Is it a skill in high demand that will make some (not a lot of) money? Sure.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We could have a TV show called Whine-Off.

On one team we have unemployed people on government assistance.

On the other team we have middle-class, middle-aged suburban males with cushy lifestyles and inherent privilege who worked hard to build the mental pedestal on which they now stand and single-handedly support the weight of the world.

www.theoi.com_image_S34.1Atlas.jpg

Be a close race. Maybe.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The mentality of these people really floors me. They don't want to get a JOB. Why get a job, when Uncle Sam will take care of you?
Anything you get from the government was taken from someone else. Know this.
Obama isn't pulling the money out of his pockets to give you. It's coming out of the working folks' pockets.
They think : Oh, that B!tch next door just bought a new TV! That would look great in OUR crib! And we could pawn that camera and get
another hit. They be rich....they can buy more.*
Well, no, they can't just go BUY MORE. They worked their butts off and SAVED for months to buy that tv.

Sorry about the rant there. I'll come off of my soapbox now. :)

Believe it or not there is probably a certain percentage that would have a job if not for the fact that most employers drug test them, and they fail even though they do not ever use drugs at the workplace...fail a few in a row and it prolly gets really tough to get anyone at all to hire ya'....
What a gyp!

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
We could have a TV show called Whine-Off.

On one team we have unemployed people on government assistance.

On the other team we have middle-class, middle-aged suburban males with cushy lifestyles and inherent privilege who work

ed hard to build the mental pedestal on which they now stand and single-handedly support the weight of the world.

www.theoi.com_image_S34.1Atlas.jpg

Be a close race. Maybe.

That's a nice sculpture of me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom