The "Gimme Generation" - Warning! Rant ahead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't give me that line of ********. I worked my ass off to get where I am... doesn't give anyone the right to take advantage of me. No one has the right to take advantage of anyone.

No one said anything about looking down on blue-collars... except you.

You charge $100 to see a patient for 5 minutes and then ***** when a patient "takes advantage" of you. What goes around comes around.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You charge $100 to see a patient for 5 minutes and then ***** when a patient "takes advantage" of you. What goes around comes around.

You're welcome to do it better and cheaper if you can... everyone thinks they knew better. You're also welcome to fix yourself. If you know jack about why healthcare costs what it does...

And JB, no, I don't believe for a second you are "in the trenches". Just because your clients are the poor and downtrodden and you see them regularly doesn't mean anything. You claim you know more about medicine than I know about the law... I dunno, but I can guarantee you know next to nothing about what we go through. Make fun all you want. Until you've done it, you don't know anything about it.

<edit> And I'm really disappointed in you. I have thought at times you were a pretty decent guy who just liked to stir the pot, and then at times felt you were a real a-hole. But I've never personally insulted you. You can't say the same. You judge me by some things I post on a forum, not by any personal interaction. Sad. I'm sure you couldn't care less if I'm disappointed, I'm just stating my position. I had hoped that you were really just a pot-stirrer, but you have shown how you truly feel, and that's just sad.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're welcome to do it better and cheaper if you can... everyone thinks they knew better. You're also welcome to fix yourself. If you know jack about why healthcare costs what it does...

I'm not the one crying because I charge so much that people can't afford to pay me. Sounds like YOU and your peers need to pull together and figure out how to provide affordable health care to those who can't afford it....or you could just wait for the President to do it for you. All trolling aside, quit dwelling on the bad and enjoy the rewards of your hard work, if you can't enjoy your work, find a practice where you don't have to deal with the broke dick walk-ins.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't give me that line of ********. I worked my ass off to get where I am... doesn't give anyone the right to take advantage of me. No one has the right to take advantage of anyone.
,.Agreed
,.But you see
Doc some people ,no matter how hard they try just cant make it.
Be it mental challenges, physical challenges, psychological or psychiatric challenges....or just plain Lazy.
Someone has to do the shat werk...does that mean they should make less money.
Actually I think the people that build this country with theyre backs and sweat, challenging theyre physical and mental abilitys every day for the rest of there working lives...should be the ones looked up too.
Everyone cant go to school to be Doc's and Barrister's...they are not capable.
They are the ones looked down on ,even though theyre doing the best they can.
Congratulations on making it through Med School....but for God's sake be Grateful for it.
Fix what you can and leave the rest for God....Thats what i do in the construction business ( heh heh He'll probably make you do something you dont want to do )
Thanks for being a Doc and helping people....keep up the Good Work..

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not the one crying because I charge so much that people can't afford to pay me. Sounds like YOU and your peers need to pull together and figure out how to provide affordable health care to those who can't afford it....or you could just wait for the President to do it for you. All trolling aside, quit dwelling on the bad and enjoy the rewards of your hard work, if you can't enjoy your work, find a practice where you don't have to deal with the broke dick walk-ins.
I charge everything they can pay, after all...They can pay it

Latest posts

Top Bottom