The storm thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate everything about it and hope it fizzles out.
Of course dealing with my fellow drivers is definitely *not* my strong point....

cowgirl23

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just seen where you are from. I spent a few months in Copan building cell towers. I loved eating at that truck stop going out of town, can't remember what highway it was but I loved the food and the people were great.

That's cool. I have lived in copan all my life. I just live a few miles from the truck stop its on hwy 75, we eat there a lot the onwers are old family friends and even worked there when I was in high school.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just been watching to see what the weather men are saying, figure I have tomorrow AM to prepare if I need to.

With 5 to 6 inches of snow our drive way disappears and it's pretty easy to find yourself off in a field. I hate having to start the diesel tractor when it's really cold just to pull a car back up on the drive. We just stay home and tell friends to not try and visit us till it melts a bit.

Ran all the gas out of the generator when I put it up last year but have 10 gallons in jugs. Might fill it and go get more gas tomorrow just in case. Seems like when I get really prepared nothing happens.. Bought the generator several years ago when they were predicting a really bad ice storm with lots of power outages. Ended up not needing it but kept it anyway. Last winter we had a deal much like the one they are predicting now. I moved the generator out to the meter, hooked it up so all I had to do was flip a couple breakers and start it. Filled it with gas, filled all my gas cans and my van, I was ready and nothing happened...

GLOCKinator

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on the same power grid as the Norman OG&E, so it's been 6 years and haven't lost power once, although being so close to the plant I'll probably grow another eye soon or start glowing in the dark. I'm actually headed off to Walmart to get my weekly groceries though. Hope its not too busy.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
well i dread tommorrow.my bosses will be panicking.we'll have to load all the sanders,put chains on the graders and get the snow plow ready.we have a bunch os sand and salt mixed already proably haul in some more sand.i do not want any of this storm i hate winter weather. uncle sam loves it when i work the overtime just wish they would let us have comptime instead. those 3:30 and 4:00 am morning gets rough having to drive all day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom