The Walking Dead....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The way they are making carol ticks me off. And now Maggie is gonna go soft. Give me a break. They have seen time and time again what that gets you. Guess the writers aren't very intelligent. At least Rick and Darryl are still tough. And Michonne. I like the episodes so far but sometimes I don't get the writing. If carol and Maggie become weenies then they need to go.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tough doesn't equal inhuman monsters. Maggie and Carol did what had to be done without wanting to or liking it.
The writers keep making Rick and Darryl kill people off instead of exploiting them for intel - the whole area they are inhabiting clearly has more threats but they foolishly rush in without trying to gether intel - that makes tough = dead in the real world.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tough doesn't equal inhuman monsters. Maggie and Carol did what had to be done without wanting to or liking it.
The writers keep making Rick and Darryl kill people off instead of exploiting them for intel - the whole area they are inhabiting clearly has more threats but they foolishly rush in without trying to gether intel - that makes tough = dead in the real world.

Agreed

rbstern

Marksman
Reaction score
Why in the hell would you let the only doctor you have go outside the walls!

Emphatically agree.

I have a theory: They've amped up the action in this series; lots more excursions, fights and tension, less waiting around town/soap opera type interaction. But, the quality of the storylines and writing, never the series' strong suit, is declining. Mugsy's point is a good one. They're running around doing stupid stuff: "Let's make a dangerous trade for food, trading a combat mission for supplies. That's got to be safer than scavenging local towns and homesteads for canned goods!" "Let's attack this other group without much of a plan or info, and let's do it right away!" "Let's go scavenging with just two people and one vehicle!" "Let's go on dangerous missions with only handguns!" "Let's risk our doctor on a mission to the local drug store...it's not like we're increasing everyone's risk by losing our doctor!"

I find myself wondering if they've peeled off writing talent for the FTWD spinoff, and just can't produce as high quality stories with the staff on hand.

Anyway, I love the show, but this kind of stuff is making it a bit tired.

Last edited:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Emphatically agree.

I have a theory: They've amped up the action in this series; lots more excursions, fights and tension, less waiting around town/soap opera type interaction. But, the quality of the storylines and writing, never the series' strong suit, is declining. Mugsy's point is a good one. They're running around doing stupid stuff: "Let's make a dangerous trade for food, trading a combat mission for supplies. That's got to be safer than scavenging local towns and homesteads for canned goods!" "Let's attack this other group without much of a plan or info, and let's do it right away!" "Let's go scavenging with just two people and one vehicle!" "Let's go on dangerous missions with only handguns!" "Let's risk our doctor on a mission to the local drug store...it's not like we're increasing everyone's risk by losing our doctor!"

I find myself wondering if they've peeled off writing talent for the FTWD spinoff, and just can't produce as high quality stories with the staff on hand.

Anyway, I love the show, but this kind of stuff is making it a bit tired.
I know what you mean. It is starting to get old really quick. It seems the same old
Stuff Happens to the group. How many bad "gangs" could be in one area? And they always have the best weapons. And it seems the bad guys can just go anywhere they want and nothing happens to them. Yet, the good guys always run into something. Either humans or the dead. And bad stuff ensues. I like the action but prefer a good story to be mixed in as well. Always having feuds with other gangs isn't my idea of a good story. But then again, what do I know?

Latest posts

Top Bottom