The Walking Dead....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must be the only person on the planet that does not like that show. I'm all for a zombie apocalypse, but the characters on that show are so...meh? I tried to watch an episode yesterday and i was asleep in 10 minutes.

No you're not. It's hard to make a zombie movie I don't like but AMC figured out how to do it. The premise is great but the whole Rick, Shane and Lorie (rick's wife?) dynamic ruins the story. Add to that that Rick thinks he's freaking god and that just wraps it up as a no go. As characters go Rick is one of the most unlikeable I've ever seen.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the comic book, and the story arc they just wrapped up, "Something to Fear," was alright. I think Kirkman and crew are trying to hark back to the prison arc by introducing cruel humans (The Saviors) who follow a cruel leader named Negan.

Without spoiling much, the character death in issue #100 was completely expected, but gruesome. What a way to go out.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the comic book, and the story arc they just wrapped up, "Something to Fear," was alright. I think Kirkman and crew are trying to hark back to the prison arc by introducing cruel humans (The Saviors) who follow a cruel leader named Negan.

Without spoiling much, the character death in issue #100 was completely expected, but gruesome. What a way to go out.

Right, but we've been there, done that already. That was my take. Abraham and the character that Negan beats to death were my favorites. The comics got boring once they got to Alexandria to me.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No you're not. It's hard to make a zombie movie I don't like but AMC figured out how to do it. The premise is great but the whole Rick, Shane and Lorie (rick's wife?) dynamic ruins the story. Add to that that Rick thinks he's freaking god and that just wraps it up as a no go. As characters go Rick is one of the most unlikeable I've ever seen.

I don't see how Rick thinks he's God, but he is definitely taking charge of the group now. I think he just got tired of dealing with Shane's constant second guessing and once Shane was gone, took on the leader role even more strongly. I love the Rick character.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
The whole objective of any work of fiction (novel, film, tv show, play) is the suspension of disbelief. We all know that there will never be zombies, but to make a show that attempts to demonstrate how things might be without descending into camp, is a great thing. Nowadays, so many horror figures are so campy and silly. Gone is the vampire of Dracula and Salem's Lot. Now we have the bisexual goth pretty boy your teenage daughter wants to date. Ghosts and demons are no longer creatures of terror, but romantic leads.

WTH???

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right, but we've been there, done that already. That was my take. Abraham and the character that Negan beats to death were my favorites. The comics got boring once they got to Alexandria to me.

I'm not bored yet. Mostly because Kirkman's work on "Invincible" got stale to me at one point, but then completely turned me around because the unexpected happened. So, I feel confident in him as a storyteller to keep things going in "Walking Dead."

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see how Rick thinks he's God, but he is definitely taking charge of the group now. I think he just got tired of dealing with Shane's constant second guessing and once Shane was gone, took on the leader role even more strongly. I love the Rick character.

Ditto, until his balls dropped at the end of the last season his character was pretty full of self-doubt and fear. Far from a god complex. Now his character appears, to me, to be dropping the hammer simply because he is too exhausted to continue to try other styles of leadership.

Latest posts

Top Bottom