The Wall - Going Military

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember on the 90’s we had marines on the border...and they killed an American teenager who was herding sheep and carrying a .22.

If we deploy troops it should be on the Mexican side to create a buffer.
So...you're suggesting that, because our troops got trigger happy, we should commit an act of war (sending our armed troops into another country without consent)?

Can you see where that might have negative side-effects?

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So...you're suggesting that, because our troops got trigger happy, we should commit an act of war (sending our armed troops into another country without consent)?

One might contend that the Mexican Government was complicit in assisting in the invasion of US Territory by foreign Nationals and in so doing was, in fact, guilty of an Act of War. Reprisals and the Elimination of the Threat by the combined forces of Honduras and Mexico should be authorized under International Law. If I was President, I would retaliate with a major military strike and take the Mexican President into custody. There would be no mercy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The Mexican government is and has been aiding and abetting all sorts of illegal activity on our southern border.

IF, we’re going to talk about defending that border, then seizing a buffer zone makes military sense...much more than a few young marines in ghillie suits, on our side of the border, tracking and shooting American sheep herders.

I’m mostly being facetious of course...

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Russia did it and got away with it, heck lets just invade Mexico and take it over. Make it a state, let the troops clean it up and get rid of the drug cartels and keep the south Americans below what is now the southern border. Mexico's southern border is allot shorter, wall would cost less.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t see any mention of the Coast Guard and their drug interdiction activities or intercepting illegal coming from Cuba. They do this as a daily activity, not because of an activation. IIRC they are a branch of our Military too.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Russia did it and got away with it, heck lets just invade Mexico and take it over. Make it a state, let the troops clean it up and get rid of the drug cartels and keep the south Americans below what is now the southern border. Mexico's southern border is allot shorter, wall would cost less.

Let's not make Mexico a state. That place is a shithole. Imagine how many billions of welfare dollars would have to be pumped into that swamp. Let's just build our wall and keep them out. If they do get in the only thing they get is a bus ride back to the border that same day.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t see any mention of the Coast Guard and their drug interdiction activities or intercepting illegal coming from Cuba. They do this as a daily activity, not because of an activation. IIRC they are a branch of our Military too.

The coast guard doesn’t fall under posse Comitatus.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's not make Mexico a state. That place is a shithole. Imagine how many billions of welfare dollars would have to be pumped into that swamp. Let's just build our wall and keep them out. If they do get in the only thing they get is a bus ride back to the border that same day.
But tacos man! They got tacos!

Latest posts

Top Bottom