Tipping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m a really good tipper. When I was young the two people I tipped like crazy was the waitress at the bar (about 100%, and I was a professional drinker at the time). Also, my barber. If I go to the base they get at least a 100% tip. Also, for Christmas, my wife lets me get a couple thousand out of the bank (as a present to myself). I’ll go out to fast food restaurants at night and give $100 to everyone working. Last year I was going to go out and find someone and give out a thousand. Unfortunately, someone we knew got very sick, so I used the money to help pay the medical bills.
Same here
Last 3 or 4 December's I went to my favorite restaurant that I frequent and gave each employee $100. 2 cooks, 6 servers and 2 bartenders.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here
Last 3 or 4 December's I went to my favorite restaurant that I frequent and gave each employee $100. 2 cooks, 6 servers and 2 bartenders.
It’s fun huh? I told my Son in Law about it and he’s going to do the same type of thing. I’m at the age now where I don’t need anything. I’m just happy to be here.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
If the service is deplorable, they get nothing. Find a different gig.
If the service is deplorable I leave an insultingly low tip that way they know I wasn't satisfied. If I left nothing they may think that I just forgot...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about the star ranking survey at the Walmart self checkout? For what? Standing there watching me do your job?
I ALWAYS give it one star. Employee asked if I wanted to talk to the manager once and I said no. As long as I have to do the work I will rate it how I feel about it.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was on salary and expenses, I always tipped at least 20% with company money. If everything was good and the wait staff was attentive, the company tipped the 20% and I added some cash. Now with only my money it's at least 25%. Maybe 100% or a burger or such.

I remember the tip scene from Hell or High Water.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took the boy to the donut shop Saturday to get him and the wife some donuts. I used the debit card to pay and there were three slots for a tip: 15%/20%/25%. I’m not tipping you to grab me some donuts out of a case.

Worked in the restaurant/bar industry for a VERY long time and this blows my mind. I have an old bartender buddy I was just talking about this with the other day. Why do people at donut shops think they need to be tipped for a 60 sec transaction? We used to have to wait on people for 1-2 hours. Sometimes more if you're in a bar.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I tip generously. Minimum 25%. Many times we will go to a good meal and tip the same amount as the bill. A buddy and I had lunch a couple weeks back and tipped a young pregnant lady 5x the bill. She was having a tough day but handling all the customers with smiles and niceness. Be generous folks. It is actually a line item in our budget.
“Live like no other so one day you can live and GIVE like no other. “ - Dave Ramsey

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter waited tables through college so I tip good service exceptionally well. My dad doesn’t understand that waiters basically work for tips. When we went out for dinner and he tossed a couple bucks down, I’d toss a 5 or 10 on his when he wasn’t looking

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter waited tables through college so I tip good service exceptionally well. My dad doesn’t understand that waiters basically work for tips. When we went out for dinner and he tossed a couple bucks down, I’d toss a 5 or 10 on his when he wasn’t looking
My mother in law lives with us and she freaks out when we leave more than a few dollars for a tip. I generally have to sneak it to the waiter/waitress 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom