To the person who is opening gates in south OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you mean ONG, OGE does not service Tulsa or residential gas service.

Believe me I deal with people on a daily basis who are pissed that people have to come into their yards. I have to tell them all the same thing, we service around 800,000 people and have limited staff so the idea of us calling every person before we have to come out is just not feasible with the current staffing levels. Sure we can add more people on but that is going to correlate with higher rates which most people wont want either.

I had to cal a customer back that was mad because we were in their yard inventoring our equipment. The lady was mad because we did not knock and that she felt in danger due to a shooting in their area a month before hand. Now mind you she is telling me this after she admits she went outside in her nightgown to see who the person was in her backyard.

If you are soo worried and or scared I would think staying in the home and calling the police for assistance would be the better response instead of going outside in your nightgown to see who the intruder is in your backyard.

But hey, what do I know...lol

:homer: ONG, yep.

We weren't ever mad about it, you gotta do what you gotta do. It just pays for people to realize there are alternatives, and most can be had with a simple phone call.

TBH, I always felt sorry for the guys working this area anyway. Low-no income people make up a good amount of the people in this area, so for some reason that requires them to have massive angry pits or the like in their backyard. The only easy way to get to each meter IS to hop backyard to backyard, otherwise just doing 1 street would take you all day.

On top of that, the meters are 1' from the fenceline, facing the fence, and 90% of the people here don't or haven't cleaned their fencelines in who knows how long. I hacked all that crap down when we moved in, because the meter readers basically had a rabbit tunnel to crawl into to use a flashlight and mirror to read them.

Just means they get their exercise I guess.

Don't mean to thread hijack either.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My parents had a neighborhood kid that was mentally challenged that was opening their gate to get their dog out to play with. It took them some time to figure out how she kept getting out. They ended up putting an extra latch on their gates that only had a handle on the inside.

I learned to keep locks on all my gates because COX cable guys would let my dogs out inspite of a sign on the gate that said please go to the front door before opening gate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom