Topical pain relief

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of you know I have had a small run of bad luck and some medical issues the last year or so. Well with all the different meds and stuff I have been concerned about side effects, etc since they already gave me heart problems with screwing around with different meds.

Anyway I have been on lockdown for over a month with this virus stuff going around. They would not even let me go to the grocery. Last night I was having cabin fever and did it anyway. Midnight run to Crest and walked all over the store doing grocery shopping. (got a really good deal on pork cutlets too)

Well today I went to bed and after about an hour my legs went into overtime pain. I could barely walk, I could not stand up straight, I could not sit down and laying did not help either. I did not want to take another pain pill so the wife put some gel stuff on my legs and within 10 minutes the pain was mostly gone and I could sleep.

Woke up this afternoon and 1 thigh was hurting bad again. I could not bend my leg enough to put my shoe on. I put some of this stuff on it and again, 10 minutes and I was doing fine.

I do not normally recommend meds but I will say if your doc says to use a topical pain relief, Sombra Cool Therapy is great stuff. It works pure and simple. Also has a fairly long shelf life it seems. Couple years anyway. Comes in several sizes. I have been using the 3oz roll on and you are not sure you get any until the pain goes away.

https://www.amazon.com/Sombra-Therapy-Natural-Relieving-3-Ounce/dp/B000E9CCSA

Sombra.jpg

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, Rick! I'm gonna' have to try that one! Had not heard of it. We've been using the Aspercreme Lidocaine Spray with pretty good luck, but it sounds like that stuff is giving you much better results!

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of those pain relief gels that have enough menthol work good for me. The Icy Hot brand has 16% menthol and you can get it at Walmart for around $6.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, Rick! I'm gonna' have to try that one! Had not heard of it. We've been using the Aspercreme Lidocaine Spray with pretty good luck, but it sounds like that stuff is giving you much better results!

Supposed to be all natural too for whatever that is worth.

Having a pretty good day now. A shirt I ordered came in and it is perfect for this big ole boy. It is long enough I can bend over without my crack showing if my jeans slip and loose enough to cover if I am carrying. Fairly cheap too.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Supposed to be all natural too for whatever that is worth.

Having a pretty good day now. A shirt I ordered came in and it is perfect for this big ole boy. It is long enough I can bend over without my crack showing if my jeans slip and loose enough to cover if I am carrying. Fairly cheap too.

TMI!!!!!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Latest posts