Topical pain relief

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CBD is an extract of pot and while it does have some medical uses, it was used as a first step towards legalizing pot as some drugs with pot extracts were already legal. I will not get into that whole debate yet again in a thread I meant to hopefully help people. If you want to see the many debates that have happened here just do a search for legalize pot. You may find weeks worth of reading. Days anyway.

I’ve followed the threads, but it seems like your reason for reluctance just changed.

My point is that two things can be true. Most cbd contains little to no thc and has benefits, as you noted. It might be a gateway to the ‘gateway drug’ but that doesn’t change the fact that it helps some people. And might help you, too.

and, as I noted, using the ‘we don’t have long term studies’ is, while valid, an argument that could apply to many drugs we see advertised daily from pharmaceutical companies.

if that is your line in the sand, great. But the lack of studies isn’t strictly an issues for cbd.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve followed the threads, but it seems like your reason for reluctance just changed.

My point is that two things can be true. Most cbd contains little to no thc and has benefits, as you noted. It might be a gateway to the ‘gateway drug’ but that doesn’t change the fact that it helps some people. And might help you, too.

and, as I noted, using the ‘we don’t have long term studies’ is, while valid, an argument that could apply to many drugs we see advertised daily from pharmaceutical companies.

if that is your line in the sand, great. But the lack of studies isn’t strictly an issues for cbd.

True but I do not take any other drugs without long term studies either if I can help it. Sometimes I can not, CBD I do have a say.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To each his own. I was just pointing out a topical pain cream that I get from an MD who specializes in Pain Management that really does work well for me.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My suggestion is that the next time you go to the doctor, review all of your meds. I can’t remember the name, but there was one med that I had been prescribed that was causing a lot of leg pain in the mornings. My legs were in constant pain from the knees down til I walked around the yard a few times.

I did a review with the Doc and he checked my meds and found the the side effect of on of my prescriptions was the cause. While checking, he also found out that the company had issued a recall. Once he changed my meds, everything was fine.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To each his own. I was just pointing out a topical pain cream that I get from an MD who specializes in Pain Management that really does work well for me.

Agreed.

And my meds have been checked by the docs, and researched by me.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

my wife saw a pain management person years ago for her headache (after visiting the mayo clinic and receiving no relief). He put her on Marinol (the synthetic THC). The thing about the drug was that the pills were designed to avoid being divided (liquid gels), so she couldn't take 'just a bit'. It was all or nothing, so she had to pick between being higher than she wanted to be or in full pain. I've ordered some cbd cream for her to try in the hopes that she can adjust the amounts for some relief.

Do you know how many mg your prescription stuff is?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my wife saw a pain management person years ago for her headache (after visiting the mayo clinic and receiving no relief). He put her on Marinol (the synthetic THC). The thing about the drug was that the pills were designed to avoid being divided (liquid gels), so she couldn't take 'just a bit'. It was all or nothing, so she had to pick between being higher than she wanted to be or in full pain. I've ordered some cbd cream for her to try in the hopes that she can adjust the amounts for some relief.

Do you know how many mg your prescription stuff is?

1000 mg of CBD in the container I don’t know how much each squirt or whatever would equal. But I understand it’s one of the strongest available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stand to be corrected but from what I've heard all CBD products contain a trace amount of THC.......is it possible that a person just using topical CBD products could test positive for THC if they had to submit to a drug (urine or hair) test ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom