Topical pain relief

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@RickN - just be careful and don't push yourself past the limit. I know that sounds like a stupid statement, but I kinda' feel like you know what I'm talking about. I'm learning my own 'updated' limitations, and climbing onto a roof has now been scratched off my list of 'things to do!' Ain't gonna' happen any more. Last time I was up there was not very 'comfortable.'

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for the pain reliever information.
I have tried Bio Freeze in the past, it was kind of expensive and had a fairly short shelf life.
They didn't sell it in most stores, back then.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for the pain reliever information.
I have tried Bio Freeze in the past, it was kind of expensive and had a fairly short shelf life.
They didn't sell it in most stores, back then.

We have some of that and I do not care for it. Does not seem to work as well for me as this stuff.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@RickN - just be careful and don't push yourself past the limit. I know that sounds like a stupid statement, but I kinda' feel like you know what I'm talking about. I'm learning my own 'updated' limitations, and climbing onto a roof has now been scratched off my list of 'things to do!' Ain't gonna' happen any more. Last time I was up there was not very 'comfortable.'

Oh I am, I just so frustrated with not being able to do anything around here. Seems like dozens of projects I need to do but some I know I can not, and some they will not let me try. I know I screwed up some ribs again a few weeks back and if I bend over it makes it harder to breathe, plus because of one of my meds they do not want me getting to hot. I just refuse to become helpless.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am staying away from the CBD stuff until it has had long term studies. You can use it if you like but not for me.

I don't mean this mean spirited Rick, but how long term do you think you have? In taking care of my 90yo grandma, she'll tell you that life is too short to not try to get comfort wherever you can.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't mean this mean spirited Rick, but how long term do you think you have? In taking care of my 90yo grandma, she'll tell you that life is too short to not try to get comfort wherever you can.

Does not matter. I have spent years saying it should not be legal until there are long term studies proving it safe and I am not going to change my stance just because I am in pain.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does not matter. I have spent years saying it should not be legal until there are long term studies proving it safe and I am not going to change my stance just because I am in pain.

Don't get me wrong Rick, you do what you feel best for you. I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other. Just wishing you comfort for the rest of your journey.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

i respect that you don't want to be hypocritical, but 1) CBD isn't the same as pot (obviously), which is one why one is more easily sold than the other 2) it might give you insight into why people advocate for more access (regardless of longterm effects) and 3) there are many drugs out there that are legal and prescribed that we know relatively little about longterm. As a benchmark, there are lots of drugs out there that would fall short.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i respect that you don't want to be hypocritical, but 1) CBD isn't the same as pot (obviously), which is one why one is more easily sold than the other 2) it might give you insight into why people advocate for more access (regardless of longterm effects) and 3) there are many drugs out there that are legal and prescribed that we know relatively little about longterm. As a benchmark, there are lots of drugs out there that would fall short.

CBD is an extract of pot and while it does have some medical uses, it was used as a first step towards legalizing pot as some drugs with pot extracts were already legal. I will not get into that whole debate yet again in a thread I meant to hopefully help people. If you want to see the many debates that have happened here just do a search for legalize pot. You may find weeks worth of reading. Days anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom