True Grit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of this.

One reviewer put it well: this version shows the difference between being a great actor (Bridges) and a great star (Wayne).

I just saw it last night. It was great. Would have been even better if people wouldn't talk during movies.

THIS!!!! I had 2 adults and 3 kids sitting close to my wife and I and the ADULTS were worse than the kids! If you can't keep your trap shut for 2 hours, you don't need to be in the theater, you need to wait for the DVD and watch it at your house! I thought the flick was great but between Jeff Bridges mumbling his lines at some places and these idiots having a conversation about where it was filmed the entire time I'll have to watch it again just to see what I missed.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw it tonight. I love westerns but I was kind of disappointed in this one. Yeah it had some funny and some good parts but over all it was ok. My wife fell asleep, 20 minutes in to it.

rustbuilder

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say it is a very good movie.I did like the ending in the original much better The thought of roosters last job in the new one did little for me! the orinal was filmed in colorado and california.

bashed1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw it last week; great movie with great actors/actresses in every role! It was filmed around Santa Fe, NM; and some around Austin and Granger, TX. The jackass sitting one seat down from me who tap danced (while seated) to the soundtrack and repeated virtually every other line in a loud voice to his wife sitting right next to him reminded me why I don't go to movies much any more.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting fact: The Coen's have never even seen True Grit (1969) All they did was adapt a book that they felt fit their style. I loved it. I loved the book. I loved the first adaptation. But this is not a remake and shouldn't be compared with the old movie.

And for those "Wayne IS Rooster" people: Rooster was a character before John Wayne was cast. It was a book first.

The first version of A Christmas Carol was in 1903. If they had never adapted that book again, how many of us would honestly know that story? And is the 2009 Jim Carrey version a "remake" of the 1903 silent short?

Was Batman (1989) a remake of Batman: The Movie (1966)? And was that a remake of Batman and Robin (1949) and was that a remake of Batman (1943)? No. they are just based on the same source material.

Latest posts

Top Bottom