Upcoming job loss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So many times I have seen people on here say..... if someone doesn't like what an employer pays..... then go work somewhere else.

This is not to say I agree with mandates by the government in any way, shape or form. However, I DO believe an employer should run their business how they see fit. That being said, they should be held liable for any requirements they have. So if someone is shown to have short term or lasting effects from a vaccine they require, they are on the hook in court. If a hospital system requires it, and I get why they do, and all their employees quit and go work for a health system that doesn't require it, and said healthcare system goes under, then so be it. Be careful of what you wish for to those businesses that will require it. Free market has a way of washing everything out.

Agreed, mostly.

Tricky part is employer does a lot of Fed contract work, AND has well over 100 employees. So what your seeing isn't simply free market, it's government mandate enforced via employer.

It would take intestinal fortitude to tell the Feds to piss off, and you can bet businesses that do will be few and far between. There are loads of employees that have rent, diapers and a car to pay for, so the resistance will be thin from them.

I personally would be hurt by losing my job, but not enough for me to take the vax just because Uncle Joe said so.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know it is serious if the guy above me (theman4bran) has only posted 2 times in 5yrs. People are concerned....you don't do this in the United States of America. But the America of 1984-2004 is in the rear view mirror, the eco-marxists & corporate fascists are on the move. People of like-mind need to setup their own economies just like black wallstreet. People who own businesses need to hire and surround themselves with, loyal, family-values and vax freedom oriented employees. Also, as shown here, we need people who chose to take the vax but do not believe in mandates to join arms with the people who made the opposite choice. The common value is the belief in self determination which is one of our founding core values. It isn't the same thing as DUI (as some libs are saying), because there is no proof the unvaxxed are sick, AND the whole point of the vax is to protect the RECIPIENT. DUI is wilful negligence and the other drivers don't have a vaccine for a car crash.

If enough traditional Americans begin participating in alternative economies and stick together (like cops often do outside of work), we can shut out the marxists enough that maybe the effect on the nation will effect change. I don't have the answers, but it just seems like a good idea. I believe the founder of GAB is working on something as an alternative to amazon and even google ad services so traditional Americans can have an alternative to buy and sell and earn advertising dollars. We need this to happen at the top and also down to the local level. Use this platform, setup a jobs thread (maybe it could only be open to members who are established?). Organize small events where you can teach others gardening, welding, carpentry, etc. Share your knowledge with other Oklahomans that value freedom so they may use the new skills to find work or otherwise take care of their families if times get tough. Form a council of senior members & board leaders to meet regularly and come up with ideas how we can work together to offset all the authoritarian polices, CRT, vax mandates, etc...there must be "something" legally and lawfully the members and leadership of this board can do to make a difference in some way for Oklahoma other than just gripe?

Last edited:

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Agreed, mostly.

Tricky part is employer does a lot of Fed contract work, AND has well over 100 employees. So what your seeing isn't simply free market, it's government mandate enforced via employer.

It would take intestinal fortitude to tell the Feds to piss off, and you can bet businesses that do will be few and far between. There are loads of employees that have rent, diapers and a car to pay for, so the resistance will be thin from them.

I personally would be hurt by losing my job, but not enough for me to take the vax just because Uncle Joe said so.
yes i'd be very curious to see how no bid gubmint contracts are handled now in regards to bidders and their vaccination rates. or even projects to bid for that matter.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You know it is serious if the guy above me (theman4bran) has only posted 2 times in 5yrs. People are concerned....you don't do this in the United States of America. But the America of 1984-2004 is in the rear view mirror, the eco-marxists & corporate fascists are on the move. People of like-mind need to setup their own economies just like black wallstreet. People who own businesses need to hire and surround themselves with, loyal, family-values and vax freedom oriented employees. Also, as shown here, we need people who chose to take the vax but do not believe in mandates to join arms with the people who made the opposite choice. The common value is the belief in choice of self determination which is one of our founding core values. It isn't the same thing as DUI (as some libs are saying), because there is no proof the unvaxxed are sick, AND the whole point of the vax is to protect the RECIPIENT. DUI is wilful negligence and the other drivers don't have a vaccine for a car crash.

If enough traditional Americans begin participating in alternative economies and stick together (like cops often do), we can shut out the marxists enought hat maybe the effect on the nation will effect change. I don't have the answers, but it just seems like a good idea. I believe the founder of GAB is working on something as an alternative to amazon and even google ad services so traditional americans can have an alternative to buy and sell and earn advertising dollars. We need this to happen at the top and also down to the local level. Use this platform, setup a jobs thread (maybe it could only be open to members who are established?). Organize small events where you can teach others gardening, welding, carpentry, etc. Share your knowledge with other Oklahomans that value freedom so they may use the new skills to find work or otherwise take care of their families if times get tough. Board leadership,form a council of senior members to meet regularly anb come up with ideas how we can work together to offset all the authoritarian polices, CRT, vax mandates, etc...there must be "something" legally and lawfully the members and leadership of this board can do to make a difference in some way other than just gripe?
the problem with alternative economies is they usually result in a very nice, orderly list of people to target.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed, mostly.

Agreed 100% on the Federal mandate/regulations.

The frustrating part is that what "we" are seeing is a downturn in covid cases, so this thing is gassing itself out, or trending that way. All of this will be for naught IMO. Lots of people losing good jobs for no reason.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Or not take the vax because internet forums say no. You can always take the vax and still tell us that you said no and they backed down...
right, it's incredibly simple to lie about whether you have received the vaccine because i mean, *it's not like getting covid means you are unvaxxed or anything*.

there is simply no proof of vaccination outside a medical card because *people who got vaxxed are just as likely to get or transmit covid*. so like...ya know...there won't be any *obvious* tell-tale signs. which, if you think about......

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed 100% on the Federal mandate/regulations.

The frustrating part is that what "we" are seeing is a downturn in covid cases, so this thing is gassing itself out, or trending that way. All of this will be for naught IMO. Lots of people losing good jobs for no reason.

Indeed. I was just talking to a co-worker this morning about travel to Europe. Think they'll relax their ridiculous protocols as this thing dies off?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not in an at-will state. they will just claim you were fired for reason that had nothing to do with your vax. done.

Yeah, uh no. Don't worry, lots of people use that "at-will state" saying erroneously. What you need to understand is that they (company + insurance carrier) don't want that going before a jury in Oklahoma. I see people sue for MUCH less on weekly basis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom