Upcoming job loss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine isn't a requirement yet, you just have to officially decline the shot so far (OU Health). The thing is I work from home so it would be a hard sell. I got the first two and the booster, because my health dictates the need. But I wouldn't be for forcing it on anyone who didn't want it.
Common sense and reason shall not be permitted good sir. Compliance is expected. I'm full of naturally produced antibodies that seem to be far superior to any of the manufactured defenses. Where's the logic in getting jabbed in my situation?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i'm not ahead. someone getting laid off in a 5 person shop isn't filing a lawsuit when they lose their job due to a vaccine mandate.

Oh I agree on the not being ahead part. What you're not understanding is that I'm not saying you will be sued for a vaccine mandate. So let's slow the word vomit down for a moment and realize I'm speaking for a very specific situation that was brought up. I.E. you get the vaxx and suffer from side effects and cannot work, and they fire you.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back to the OP's question.

I retired from Fed Gov't and took a contracting job. My current company has around 25K employees, many are tied to Federal contracts like I am. I got an email last week telling me the vaccine is now mandatory and I need both shots by 22 Nov. Prior COVID infection doesn't matter. Unvaxx'd folks that don't want the injections can either resign by midnight on 22 Nov or wait and be separated the day after. They allow for approved medical or religious exemptions.

I've had COVID as well as both Moderna shots, so no big decision for me but I hate this stuff. I don't 'need' to work but there are lots of folks who do and this really puts the squeeze to those who don't want the shots. Not sure I'd be employed after 22 Nov if I already hadn't submitted.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude, I don't know where you're getting your numbers on illegals. I've been in manufacturing for over thirty years, visited many other facilities - not one that I know of hires illegals. If you know who these employers are, let's hear it! Let's get them reported!
Same here. Or at least I was for about 30 years myself. Was in one shop that 80% spoke various languages and english was their second. Not one of them would ever have had a need to drop their tools and run. We'd have been put in stocks in the town square after losing all of our contracts for hiring them if we did knowingly. This was in California and back here in Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom