US Flag Code Violations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a somewhat related note, I called the union office across from my employer a couple months ago after seeing the state flag flying upside down. How could you not notice "OKLAHOMA" was upside down?!
I think it's like a lot of problems: most people are too lazy to care and pay attention to learn and are more concerned about stupid stuff (...like, uhm.... reality TV "stars" names is all that comes to mind right now....)

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since this was already necromanced... I'll dance.

Anyone else notice the masthead for this sight is the US Flag altered into a target?

I respect the flag but also understand this was probably done as a symbol of patriotism to be included in the OSA logo, I also assert that anyone who gripes about the "unpatriotic" acts of not lighting up the flag at night or leaving it our in a rain should be equally offended about seeing our flag riddled with gunfire :D

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I see are red/white stripes. No Blue/stars, so it's hard to say it's representative of the American flag. The Navy Jack flag has red/white stripes too.
awww.crwflags.com_fotw_images_u_us_1nj.gif

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very true. I bet someone was shooting the rattlesnake. With a Judge, surely.

Now that should get your blood boiling!

Last edited:

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how do you guys dispose of your flags when they are ready for retirement?

Many Veteran's Clubs perform flag disposals on Flag Day. There is, or used to be, a ritual for proper disposal. Traditionally, flags are replaced on June 14th when needed. This includes those flown at half-STAFF on land installations, or half-MAST if flown aboard by the Naval Services of the United States. If I recall, the Naval term regardless of ship or shore is half-mast.

I could not resist. Sorry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom