US Flag Code Violations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine summed it up pretty good........"as an American you have every right to desecrate, burn and disrespect the American flag...and I have every right to stomp the living hell out of you for doing it"

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine summed it up pretty good........"as an American you have every right to desecrate, burn and disrespect the American flag...and I have every right to stomp the living hell out of you for doing it"

With all due respect, your friend is an idiot. You absolutely have every right to be mad, but you have no right to harm another person. You may feel obligated to harm someone, you may even feel justified in doing it, but you have no right to do so.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all due respect, your friend is an idiot. You absolutely have every right to be mad, but you have no right to harm another person. You may feel obligated to harm someone, you may even feel justified in doing it, but you have no right to do so.

Go tell that to the WW2 vets I know who watched their friends explode like a hotdog in a microwave from the heat off of a kamikaze crash. Some people are more inclined to defend the flag and all it represents, even if it means violating some pacifists rights. And we all have the right to express ourselves however we see fit. The consequences of that right may be a different story.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go tell that to the WW2 vets I know who watched their friends explode like a hotdog in a microwave from the heat off of a kamikaze crash. Some people are more inclined to defend the flag and all it represents, even if it means violating some pacifists rights.

Your tone about pacifists aside. I still don't get how person A fought and died so that person B could violate the rights of person C? Yeah, way to pay respect to what the guy fought and died for.

As i said, you may feel a lot of things about someone who desecrates a flag, but no one has the right to harm another person because of it.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your tone about pacifists aside. I still don't get how person A fought and died so that person B could violate the rights of person C? Yeah, way to pay respect to what the guy fought and died for.

As i said, you may feel a lot of things about someone who desecrates a flag, but no one has the right to harm another person because of it.

So your saying someone doesn't have the right to defend the flag and the memory of those that fought and died for it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom